WARMER MIXTAPES #320 | by Emanuel Lundgren of I'm From Barcelona

I'm into a slow phase right now. My mouth loves to sing happy songs, but my ears love sad ones.

1. Nat King Cole | Answer Me, My Love
Nat is always good at calming me down when I really need it. Like a big warm blanket. Some say this song inspired Paul McCartney to write Yesterday, but I'm not so sure.

2. Linda Ronstadt | The Dolphins
Yes, she is singing about dolphins. I don't know why she's been searching for them, but I believe her, and now I'm searching too. I would have loved to hear Mark Linkous cover this one.

3. Sparklehorse | Sprit Ditch
I'm still very sad that the World lost Mark last year. Now the only thing we have left is his beautiful music, so let's spread it around the World! He made my own music take a new direction a little over ten years ago.

4. Low | In The Drugs
There are tons of great Low songs, but somehow I tend to return to this one. A very timeless song and it sounds like they mean what they sing. A band that is getting better and better and have a new album on the way.

5. Joni Mitchell | River
A song I have recorded cover versions of, that no one have heard, at least three times. Simply a beautiful song by a beautiful lady. Sums up what you sometimes feel in Christmas time.


6. Randy Newman | I Think It's Going To Rain Today
Taken from Randy Newman's first album. Randy is most known for his funny songs, but I like him sad.

7. Grandaddy | Saddest Vacant Lot In All The World
I had forgotten about this band for a long time, but when I listen to this song I understand why I had a crush on them. They also sported great beards.

8. Yo La Tengo | Tears Are In Your Eyes
Hard to choose one song by this great band, but this song kind of fits into this list of songs.

9. Maureen Tucker | Pale Blue Eyes (The Velvet Underground Cover)
She used to play drums with the Velvet Underground, and this is her own take on Pale Blue Eyes.

10. Heatmiser | The Fix Is In
A song by Elliott Smith that I missed for a long time, but I think it's in his top ten songs.