WARMER MIXTAPES #122 | by Joni Judén of Visions Of Trees

1. Sonic Youth | Expressway To Yr. Skull
This is one of my favorite Sonic Youth songs. EVOL might have very well been the first SY album I ever heard and it's still one of my all time faves.

2. DJ Shadow | Building Steam With A Grain Of Salt
The record that got me interested in electronic music and hip hop. It was only years later that I discovered the whole album was made by a dude with an MPC and a bunch of samples.

3. The Velvet Underground | Heroin
Heard it first on that film about The Doors and couldn't get it out of my head for ages. I didn't even know who it was at the time. I thought it was The Doors! I love how static the songs feels like and the whole viola drone. It's the perfect soundtrack to debauchery.

4. Black Dice | Things Will Never Be The Same
BD have been a huge influence to me personally and I never get tired to listen to them. This track's got mad noise and cymbal crescendos, tribal drumming and what sound like Primal Screams. Beautiful and liberating.

5. The Prodigy | Poison
I remember hearing The Prodigy for the first time and thinking how dangerous it all sounded. I was too young/scared to attend raves and bigger parties when this came out but we used to go nuts over it at local discos. Pretty hardcore.

6. David Bowie | Warszawa
Such a beautiful and cinematic song. Brian Eno wrote the synth bits and Bowie's singing some crazy chants in the end.

7. Nirvana | Aneurysm
I could've just chosen ten Nirvana tracks for this list but it would've been bit lame. This reminds me of going crazy with my friends in my room. Jumping on the bed and drinking whatever we got our hands on.

8. The Beatles | I Am The Walrus
My dad's a huge Beatles fan and they were, alongside with The Beach Boys, The Animals and The Rolling Stones, the soundtrack to my childhood. I always remember being mesmerized by this song and wondering what the hell it all meant.

9. All Saints | Never Ever
I remember watching this on MTV where it was played about 20 times a day and feeling disgusted at myself for liking it and knowing all the lyrics. I also had a massive crush on at least two of the All Saints.

10. Sleigh Bells | Crown On The Ground
Such a tune. Grabs you instantly and sounds totally broken. Sleigh Bells are my tip for greatness in 2K10. They're coming to UK next month and playing White Heat Club on the 23rd...I'll be in front going nuts.