WARMER MIXTAPES #184 | by Justin Faust

1. Take 6 | A Quiet Place
One of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written. Executed by the best singers group on the planet. The harmonics of this one make me smile, shiver, sad, happy and magical at the same time.

2. Michael Jackson | P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
Straight from the Thriller album this is an absolute gem. Today this production still sounds so remarkably pristine that I want to dryhump Quincy Jones (if I ever get the chance to meet him).

3. Daft Punk | High Fidelity
Based on a Billy Joel sample, this track of Daft Punk's Homework album is one of the best dance tracks ever made. This came out 1997 and changed the way I listened to house music.

4. Richard Wagner | Die Meistersinger Von Nürnberg (Prelude To Act III)
Think of Wagner what you will, this is music beyond words.

5. Primus | Jerry Was A Race Car Driver
Primus was the most important band in my teenage days. Never had a chance to see them live, sadly. Les Claypools bass skills are so amazing and this track is a weirdo funk-monster. Primus is the band the Red Hot Chili Peppers never managed to be.

6. Alan Braxe & Fred Falke | Bliss
Bliss is the perfect name for this track. The use of pads, the funk guitar, the echoing synths...All of that makes for sunshine, rainbows, love and BLISS.

7. Igor Stravinsky | Le Sacre Du Printemps - Première Partie: L'Adoration De La Terre (Performed by London Symphony Orchestra; Conductor: Claudio Abbado)
Almost 100 years after this premiered it is still one of the most modern attacks on your ears and upsetting to a lot of people. It's really worth getting into it, though. Take your time and do it.

8. Carcass | Corporal Jigsore Quandary
Grindcore of sorts. But also a really heavy funkmonster. Ridiculous lyrics. Damn, I love that.

9. Public Enemy | Night Of The Living Baseheads
Here it is...BAMMM...And you say Goddamn...This is the dope jam. My first contact with Hip Hop and Rap and still one of the most influential tracks. The sax sample! I mean, YEAH!

10. Rage Against The Machine | Know Your Enemy
I remember listening to this for the first time at our local record store on headphones. I wanted to climb the counter and headbang my way into heaven. Later I saw them play this live and I can't forget it ever since.