Facts & Figures | with Marcus Joons of Korallreven

Warmer Climes: The Truest Faith is about...

Marcus Joons
:
The love of my life and the life of my love.

Warmer Climes: Are you selfish or selfless?

Marcus Joons
:
Selfish, I hope. You have to take care of yourself to be able to take care of others. I love being alone. Cause it feels like I’m never alone. We have fun, me and my soul.

Warmer Climes: I saw that new t-shirt on Acéphale...Looks like a Stone Roses one. Why feathers instead of money around the neck?

Marcus Joons
:
Maybe it is a coincidence. Maybe not. Whether or not, I think that Ian Brown were magic as long as he wore that oversized money shirt. When he took it off, all the magic was gone.

Warmer Climes: I once read on Service that Korallreven means you and Johan of The Radio Dept. Now I see Daniel of the same band mentioned. So, now it's you and...?

Marcus Joons
:
Daniel.

Warmer Climes: What's the absolute best thing you've learned about life?

Marcus Joons
:
That it is shorter than ever.

Warmer Climes: What is one thing that many people don't know about you?

Marcus Joons
:
That I'm as fucked-up as you and everyone else.

Warmer Climes: Describe your best trip.

Marcus Joons
:
When I went to Samoa. It’s like a Jamaica in the South Pacific. So raw and beautiful, like another world.

Warmer Climes: What is the most interesting city to visit in Sweden?

Marcus Joons
:
Oh, I don’t know. Haven’t been to Sweden since January. And when I am away I use to romantisice the Swedish countryside outside of Gothenburg where I grew up and where my family still lives. It’s so stupid. Cause every time I go back I get dissapointed. Cause it’s not as Barnen i Bullerbyn-pretty as it was when I was six years old.

Warmer Climes: What's the most beautiful place you've ever been to?

Marcus Joons
:
Samoa.

Warmer Climes: How would your life change if you could do TV commercials?

Marcus Joons
:
I think our tunes would be perfect for a strawberry smoothie commercial, don’t you think? And hopefully it would give me more numbers before the comma on my bank account.

Warmer Climes: Do you prefer a calm sea or do you prefer big waves?

Marcus Joons
:
I prefer perfect waves. Like the ones that I use to try to think of crashing into land when I had nightmares as a child and couldn’t sleep. This was my way of counting sheeps. How chillout!

Warmer Climes: Have you ever been night-swimming?

Marcus Joons
:
Yes, many times. Even though I can’t remember any specific one. I am so history-less.

Warmer Climes: Are we becoming a society where we all want instant satisfaction?

Marcus Joons
:
Maybe, and why not? I’m not hundred percent sure, but I think that I rather would chose instant satisfaction than instant dissatisfaction.

Warmer Climes: When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Marcus Joons
:
Football player. I wanted to be the new Matthew Le Tissier. Or Ilie Dumitrescu.

Warmer Climes: Who is your favorite composer?

Marcus Joons
:
Victoria Bergsman. And God. Have you ever been thinking of what fantastic things he composed back in the days? Like light, shoegaze and smoothies.

Warmer Climes: Tell me about something you believe in.

Marcus Joons
:
The here and now. It looks brighter and brighter.