WARMER MIXTAPES #277 | by Ben Klein of Wonder Bear

1. LCD Soundsystem | All My Friends
Seeing LCD live is almost like a religious experience. The crowd gets super into it and the band is just so tight live. Going batshit during All My Friends in NY was one of the most fun things I’ve ever done.

2. The Magnetic Fields | With Whom To Dance?
I first heard this song while I was on a plane ride to London. It’s just really great pop music. I think that’s what we aspire to make. If you strip away all the electronics and shit it’s all just pop music.

3. Modest Mouse | Wild Pack Of Family Dogs
This song has been a favorite of mine since I was a little kid. I listened to it almost every night while I was at this summer camp. I think the lyrics kind of changed meaning as I got older.

4. Panda Bear | You Can Count On Me
Animal Collective has been my favorite band for years now. There sound is so distinct and all their own. I’m really digging these new Panda songs.

5. Paul Simon | Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes
This song became super important to me last year. Up until then I had thought that Paul Simon was parents music. My friend turned me on to Graceland and since then I’ve been on a real Paul Simon tear. This song in particular, is easily one of my favorites of all time.

6. Pavement | Summer Babe (Winter Version)
I was fortunate enough to see Pavement twice on their reunion tour this year. Before they went on stage people around me were freaking out, saying stuff like oh my God, I cant believe they’re back oh my God. I think Summer Babe is the best song Malkmus ever wrote.

7. Quasimoto | Microphone Mathematics
Listening to Madlib was definitely one of the reasons I started making music. The Quasimoto project is honestly one the coolest albums I’ve ever heard. The idea of this guy pitch shifting his voice to create a whole new character is just so bizarre and cool and exciting.

8. Tom Tom Club | Genius Of Love
This song was the summer jam of 2010. When you put it on everyone just starts dancing and singing. JAMMESSS BROWN.

9. UGK | Int’l Players Anthem (I Choose You) (feat. Outkast)
This is my favorite rap song of all time.

10. Daniel Johnston And Jad Fair | I Did Acid With Caroline
Daniel Johnston is so amazing. He just has this sound that’s so earnest. I think anyone who records music in their bedroom should listen to Daniel Johnston.