WARMER MIXTAPES #353 | by Benjamin Thomas [BNJMN]

1. Radiohead | Idioteque
For me this track is perfection, can't say much more.

2. Kraftwerk | Computer Love
This track is still so relevant today, especially the lyrics. I love the mood of it, melancholy but uplifting at the same time.

3. Toto | Georgy Porgy
A guilty pleasure, but I grew up listening to Toto. The guitarist made me pick up the guitar when I was 6 years old, I would watch a VHS of them playing in paris over and over. Cheesy but amazing.

4. Efdemin | Technicolour
This is one of the first tracks I heard that made me really want to make techno/house music. It showed me there can be just as much emotion in techno as any other kind of music, if not more.

5. Kurt Vile | Heart Attack
The chord changes in this are amazing, and love the way his voice goes up a notch as the song builds.

6. David Sylvian | Weathered Wall
The mood of this track is sublime, that slow drum pattern with all the atmospheric synths and horns makes it so dreamy. Easy to fall asleep to, in a good way.

7. Neil Young | Old Man
I could listen to the vocal harmonies in the chorus forever.

8. John Martyn | Small Hours
A track I originally discovered after hearing Lukid's Onandon album. The track was apparently recorded at night by a lake and you can hear the geese in the background. Such a beautiful atmosphere.

9. Aphex Twin | Windowlicker
Although this is one of his more poppier tracks it was one of the first really experimental electronic tracks I heard, being on MTV 2 all the time when I was in my early teens. The video was really messed up as well.

10. Jackson C. Frank | Milk And Honey
Such an intimate track, originally first heard it in Vincent Gallo's film The Brown Bunny which is a really stunning film visually. Jackson's story is a very sad one, you can hear the pain in the music, but he had an incredible voice.

+11. Newworldaquarium | The Dead Bears
I've no idea who did the vocal on this, or what he's saying, but it must be something pretty profound, just listen to the music.

+12. Panda Bear | I'm Not
The vocal sample, plus that kick, plus those vocals. Nuff said.

+13. Arvo Pärt | De Profundis
Probably the most haunting piece of music I've ever heard, the type of music I wish they'd have played in church as a kid.