WARMER MIXTAPES #553 | by Tyler Hull [Patina/Videobend] of PEACH

1. Jon Brion | Phone Call (Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
I just saw the movie Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind the other day, and this song from the soundtrack really hit me. I can feel the emotion portrayed in the song, and I know that emotion.

2. Onra | High Hopes (feat. Reggie B) (Instrumental)
I love The S.O.S. Band. When Onra flipped the sample of High Hopes I thought I found Heaven. I literally listened to this song like 30 times everyday. Onra is a really nice producer and versatile in terms of production.

3. Toro Y Moi | You Hid
I really like Chaz Bundick's projects (Les Sins, Toro Y Moi) because they remind me of an organic Dilla-esque orchestra of Fender Telecaster guitars and MPC's. You Hid is a classic choice from his debut LP Causers Of This.

4. Groundislava | Very Basketball
This track, is PERFECT. Okay, Jasper Patterstation aka Groundislava is one of my favorite emerging artists in this whole Lo-Fi 8bit Fresh Prince Hip Hop scene, and this track is a perfect example of why.

5. Neutral Milk Hotel | The King of Carrot Flowers Pt. One
This song, from the album In The Aeroplane Over The Sea, has been a classic example of 90s Indie Folk coming back into the mainstream Folk scene at least for me anyway. The song is about childhood friends ignoring their parents and having fun together.

6. Boards Of Canada | Over The Horizon Radar
This song and this album (Geogaddi) are absolutely filled with emotion and heart. I've listened to this song on loop for hours. Kind of reminds me of a Sunset because it starts off quietly, and ends sort of slower than it starts, only there for a minute.

7. Knxwledge | Fruit
Only just started listening to this guy, but I really enjoy his stuff. The Old.Klouds.LP is really hot. I think the intro part is from the song Take The Fruit from the group People Under The Stairs, but I'm not sure. Very nice bassline in this one, and really good harps.

8. oddlogic | Donut Vise
From the Outlier Recordings OUTSOURCED COMPILATION Volume 4. The strings on this are profound. The little vinyl crackles too, I love vinyl crackles, especially since I am a vinyl collector myself. Check out the rest of the stuff on this album too. So many cool artists.

9. Ruddyp | Thinking Of Leaving
Ruddy Paniagua is a really cool artist I found on YouTube when looking for Chillwave songs. His music is more of an Urban sounding Hip Hop though. This one comes from the Winter Beats EP, check that out. Good vibes from Ruddyp.

10. Waka Flocka Flame | Hard In Tha Paint (Shlohmo's 'Sit Down' Remix)
Personally I don't really care for Modern Rap that much, but Shlohmo has opened up my eyes to the light. This remix, reminiscent of some of The Weeknd's instrumentals, has a really calm vibe with lots of MPC2000XL samples.