WARMER MIXTAPES #563 | by Loredana Benga [Lorri. B]

Photos by Marius Bărăgan.

I have so many songs and artists that I love that I will have to write many pages, many times... Hope you like my story and my choices! Love and Peace!!! I've never been good at describing myself, but I can tell you some things about me to know me better... (To know me is to love me!!!)... I've always been in love of art... And my parents noticed that when I was 3. An year later I started my first classes of Classical Ballet in Ploieşti at The Palace Of Culture... I had my first show on a stage at the age of 5 and five years later I started to have Canto classes... My first play was in highschool when my Literature teacher discoverd my talent in acting and since then I knew what I want to become: A True Artist! (Actress, Singer and Dancer). After I finished highschool I realised I was not well prepared for the acting exam at the Drama School so my father had the ideea to try at Law School because of my highschool specialty - History and Social Science... I passed the exam and there I was a Law student. (But all this time my thoughts of becoming an actress made me work on this). After I graduated I took the exams at the Drama School Hyperion - Rodica Mandache and Eusebiu Ştefănescu class! Now I am an actress at Toma Caragiu Theatre in Ploieşti and the rest you know : Lorri. B!!! And I promise you... I will work harder and harder with all the Ino Music team to make beautiful and delightful music! So I wish you all Peace and Love! Love you all!

1. Cee Loo Green | Fool For You (feat. Melanie Fiona)
This song is very special for me, not only because of these tow artists that I respect and admire, but for the feelings that this song inspire me... Since it came out I listen to this song almost every day... It's the beat, the lyrics, the voices... Everything!

2. Beyoncé | Speechless
I love it... It's sensual, romantic, sexy, it's a Love song... And Beyoncé sings impeccable... It's my favourite love song from Beyoncé...

3. Nina Simone | I Put A Spell On You (Screamin' Jay Hawkins Cover)
Ahh!!! This song inspires me every day and I love to sing it as well... It is a mixture of feelings... I simply love this song and Nina Simone is one of my favourite artists ever!

4. Billie Holiday | I'm A Fool To Want You
Although it's a sad song I adore it! Billie has the special gift to express and draw out all the Hurt and the Pain of loving someone who doesn't feel the same... When I listen to this song for the first time I felt enormously sad, because this song has the capacity to give all the saddnes of someone who felt like that. Billie's voice could make anyone cry from the first note... And she did that with me too...

5. Peggy Lee | Fever (Little Willie John Cover)
Everybody 's got the Fever... That is something you all know!!! I first listened to this song when I was little... (4 or 5 years old)... I went with my parents at the theatre (that I work in now)... I remember it was a play with Cabaret and the balerinas were dancing on this track... I was simply witched...



6. Franz Peter Schubert | Serenade
I've always loved Classical Music!!... But this track has a special value for me because I sang it in my first acting number that I had in Drama School and my acting teacher wanted me to sing this and it was a surprise for me because I've never even dreemed that I could sing something like that, but it was exceptional... I can say that I managed pretty well... This track has the special gift to calm me down whenever I feel bad... It's a therapy for me...

7. Etta James | At Last (Glenn Miller Cover)
This song is always on my list when I want to have a romantic evening... Dinner (that I always want to prepare myself, I love cooking), candles and red wine...

8. Etta James | I'd Rather Go Blind
Yes!!! Etta James again!!! I love her!!! Since I first heard this song I promissed myself I will sing it once... And I did... Over and over again... It's like swiming in an ocean with emotions... A real pleasure and pain... But it's worth it! It is wonderful.

9. Natalie Cole & Nat King Cole | Unforgettable
It's one of my favourites because it's my father's favourite as well... And we are always singing and dancing together playng this song! It's a very special moment for me that I adore having...

10. Édith Piaf | La Vie En Rose
I swear I can feel every note in this song... If I want to have a great day or a great evening I always play this song and it makes my day... It was also one of the favorite songs of my grandmother and mother... So it's in the familly... (I also love Louis Armstrong singing this song)...

+11. George Michael | Careless Whispers
It's my childhood's song... I can't describe what I feel when I listen to this song... I have so many memories from kindergarden, from Dance classes and from Prom... It's my favourite song and one of my favourite artists...