WARMER MIXTAPES #658 | by Jensen Reed

I decided to write about 10 of the most important songs that touched me throughout my life.
They span all genres and eras and had a huge impact on my creativity and soul.

1. Outkast | Myintrotoletuknow
The first song on Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik blew me away the first time I heard it. The production was so original and the verses out of this World. This was the beginning of my love for Outkast. They are my favorite Hip-Hop artists ever.

2. The Doors | The End
The Epic Masterpiece by Jim Morrison, John Densmore, Robby Krieger and Ray Manzarek. Haunting and Perfect.

3. Radiohead | Fake Plastic Trees
One of the most beautiful songs ever written in my opinion. I became a fan of Radiohead when I first heard the crunchy, distorted guitar in Creep.



4. The Shins | Sleeping Lessons
When I packed all of my stuff and drove across country from North Carolina to Los Angeles to pursue Music, this song was on repeat for a large portion of the drive. The build-up is so good… When the drums finally come in it ROCKS.

5. M83 | We Own The Sky
I heard this song for the first time on the Sirius XMU years ago. It instantly became a favorite of mine. I love all of M83’s music… The Production is crazy.

6. A Tribe Called Quest | Vibes And Stuff
From one of my Top 3 Hip-Hop albums of All Time, The Low End Theory. Tribe set the bar high in the 90s with Conscious Hip-Hop that was Ground-Breaking.

7. Led Zeppelin | When The Levee Breaks
DRUMS. The John Bonham Drum Sound was absolutely massive.

8. Nirvana | Smells Like Teen Spirit
This song felt like a revolution when it came out and had a huge impact on me.

9. The National | Slow Show
One of my favorite bands that I found over the past 5 years. The Emotion that The National evokes is Astounding. Every aspect of the Music is Heartfelt and Moving.

10. Bob Marley & The Wailers | Time Will Tell
It’s impossible to not feel good when you listen to Bob Marley. His music transports me to another place.