WARMER MIXTAPES #663 | by Khaled Dajani

1. Led Zeppelin | Since I've Been Loving You
At the time I heard this song, I didn't like Zeppelin. In fact I didn't like most of my favorite bands until a specific song came along. For Zeppelin it was this song. It was Bluesy and Daunting. It completely over took me. When Plant hits his high note in this song, it sent shivers up my spine. It was delivered with immense passion. I finally understood the essence of Led Zeppelin. I first hear this song when I was driving. I usually buy CDs and listen to them on long drives.

2. Tool | Lateralus
This is just a brilliant song. Tool is one of my All Time favorite band. This song, in fact this album, changed my entire life. Yeah, that's Heavy. I remember hearing it and thinking, Wow, this is a great song. Creative Composition and Execution. Much like any Tool song, this one really showcases Tool at their best with their Progressive Nature and Composition style. I was at my mother's house on her new computer. I think I was playing Solitaire and playing this album. I picked it up on a whim. Now, I am eternally grateful to this band.

3. Nina Simone | Feeling Good (Cy Grant Cover)
The song is actually not by Nina Simone, but she made it famous. It was written by Anthony Newley & Leslie Bricusse. This is a Classic and a Standard. No matter what I do or how I'm feeling, this song lifts me up when I begin to sing it. I volunteer at Hospital through a program called Musicians On Call. This is one of the songs I play for patients. They love it.

4. Joaquín Rodrigo | Concierto De Aranjuez (World's First Recording Version by Regino Sainz De La Maza with the Orquesta Nacional de España)
This is a beautiful Classical piece my room mate introduced me to at 4 a.m. one day. The emotions just pour through in this composition. When this song reaches its climax, you are hit with a wall of sound that leaves you dumb founded at its beauty. In that moment, nothing matters and you realize how Epic Music and Life really is.

5. Jeff Buckley | Lover, You Should've Come Over
This song speaks to me, and I wish I wrote it. I can tell you I've gone through this exact feeling and Jeff Buckley describes it Perfectly.



6. Nine Inch Nails | Just Like You Imagined
This is one of the best Rock instrumentals out there. Trent Reznor is pure genius. The core of this song is a driving bass line that carries the song through different levels of Intensity. The tones Reznor gets for his sound really enhance the mood. It's Unique and makes me want to feel more Tension in my life.

7. Rage Against The Machine | Guerrilla Radio
Let me say it to you this way, I have a tattoo on my leg, What better place than here. What better time than now. There will never be another Rage Against The Machine. Ever. They are Unique, Fearless and Rock with Conviction. There is no questioning these guys' motives. Anytime I hear this song, I am head banging. Even if I'm sick to my stomach, I will start head banging.

8. Paco De Lucía | Entre Dos Aguas
This is the first Flamenco piece I watched from Paco De Lucía. I was in Spain at my dear friend's house. At that moment I said, It's time for me to quit guitar. It was either that or I had to learn Flamenco! Just a beautiful song by one of the biggest Musical Masters. My jaw dropped watching this guy play. This was a very Sensitive part of my life and I was easily influenced. So I immediately fell in love with Paco and anything Flamenco.

9. Nirvana | Smells Like Teen Spirit
If you were a kid in the 90's this song not only changed your life, but the entire course of Music. I am happy to say, I was there. What a Grungy, Angst-filled, and Timeless sound. This is another of those songs that no matter where it plays, I will sing the guitar riff and head bang.

10. Portishead | Only You
This song took me to the depths of my mind. It made me Vulnerable. It made me feel OK with baring my soul anytime I sing. It also introduced me to a whole new type of Music. It's simple and to the point.

+11. The Beatles | Yesterday
Nothing I can say about this song that can't already be said. This song always makes me pause and sing along. Everyone has been here. It's an Honest and Pure song. Perfect Songwriting.

+12. QueenBohemian Rhapsody
This is the BEST Rock song in history. Enough said.