WARMER MIXTAPES #816 | by Daniel Francis Croll [Dan Croll] of Dire Wolfe and Eye Emma Jedi

Photo by Andrew Ellis

1. Meshuggah | Do Not Look Down
Hard to pick a favourite track off this album (Koloss), it's jam packed face melting songs. Even though it was only released in 2012 it has been an album constantly on repeat for me. The Melodic Technicality of this album blows my mind.

2. Burt Bacharach | South American Getaway (Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Since watching Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid as a kid I've been hooked on the Soundtrack and blown away by the skill of Burt Bacharach. This song especially, the Vocal Arrangement is Incredible.

3. James Taylor | You've Got A Friend (Carole King Cover)
One of my favourite tracks off the two albums we ALWAYS had in the Family Car (Sweet Baby James & Mud Slide Slim And The Blue Horizon). Many a Family Vacation was soundtracked by James Taylor.

4. Gene Wilder | Pure Imagination (Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
The Most Magical Song Ever.

5. Val Doonican | A Million Miles From Nowhere
I managed to restore an old Reel to Reel Tape Player from the 50's that my mum's family owned. I never met her dad (my grandfather) as he died before I was born, but after hearing him introduce this song down the microphone I've found it to be one of the Most Beautiful Songs Ever.

6. Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong | Summertime
Constant Memories of my mother singing this to me and around the house.


7. Bobby Vinton | Blue Velvet (Tony Bennett Cover)
As Smooth as Velvet itself.

8. The Beach Boys | God Only Knows
Any song off of Pet Sounds deserves to be up here.

9. Lykke Li | Little Bit
Not only am I completely in Love with her, but also her Music. This song is one of the Simplest, Most Effective pieces of Pop Music I've Ever heard.

10. Nat Baldwin | A Little Lost (Arthur Russell Cover)
This shit is Beautiful, listen to that Chorus!

+11. Benjamin Britten, Choir Of Downside School, Purley, Viola Tunnard | Songs From Friday Afternoon, Op. 7: "Cuckoo!" (Moonrise Kingdom Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
I'm a huge fan of Wes Anderson and all of his films, and after hearing this in Moonrise Kingdom, it's my go to song for Switching Off.

+12. Paul Simon | Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard
He's a God, and the King of Groove.