WARMER MIXTAPES #818 | by Luke Nyeke [El. Train] of Fond Of Rudy

1. Pharrell | Frontin’ (feat. Jay-Z)
This is my favourite song of All Time! It takes me back to around the time I first started hearing about The Neptunes and got me hooked. The beat isn’t the most complexed, but all the elements work together so well. I think this is the only song I know all the words to.

2. Kendrick Lamar | Hol’ Up
It was hard for me to pick just one Kendrick Lamar track for this list, given the choice there could have been 4 or 5. What I Love about this one is the Laidback Production and the Dick Walter sample makes it what it is. Coupled together with Kendrick’s flow it makes for an almost Perfect track.

3. Adele | Melt My Heart Stone
Every time I hear this song, it almost makes me want to cry. The Emotion in Adele’s voice is so Real that you can just connect to what she’s saying.

4. De De Mouse | My Favourite Swing (Hudson Mohawke's Cobra Slice Rework)
Hudson Mohawke’s productions always go hard, but the Drums and Synths on this one are absolutely crazy. I also Love the way he gets married all the Synths together so Effortlessly.

5. Jay-Z | Allure
I would say this is my favourite Neptunes Production of the lot. The Chords and the Drums are so big and mix that with Jay-Z’s Storytelling it makes for an Epic track.

6. Fiona Apple | Every Single Night (Djemba Djemba Remix)
I really Love the way Djemba Djemba has just taken one line from the Original and crafted it into something completely New and Powerful.

7. Arctic Monkeys | 505
This song reminds me of an ex. The Lyrics just strike a chord with me, the things that you’d do for Love, the Emotions that can be caused by that one person that can mean so much to you.

8. The Smiths | This Charming Man
For me Johnny Marr is the King of Riffs and this song epitomises just that, the jangly riff coupled with Morrissey’s Distinct Voice make for a Perfect track.

9. Washed Out | Feel It All Around
This song just feels like a Dream for me from Start to Finish. I imagine sitting on a Beach on a Deserted Island with not a Care in the World. Washed Out has a way of taking you away to places you didn’t know existed.

10. Birdy | People Help The People (Two Inch Punch's Sunken Hearts Rework)
Everytime I listen to a Two Inch Punch production I am in absolute awe. I find myself trying to work out how he crafts these Wonderful Otherworldly Sounds and I just Love the Analog Sounds he gets in his productions. Birdy’s Beautiful Edited Vocals just finish off this track for me.