WARMER MIXTAPES #858 | by Josh Li Espinoza [Draconis/O.rka] of Mursic and Crystalline

1. Ginuwine | Pony
My brother got the single when I was like 6 or something and my family went to Lake Tahoe. I was sitting in the snow with this new Batman toy I got that had a snow-mobile type bottom on his cape. I was listening to that song on a Walkman on repeat when I finally got to use it on ice. So good.

2. OutKast | Prototype
Love the vibe of this song, always have. I like its view of Romanticism that one girl can be the prototype of what you are actually looking for in a partner. I've been in love 3 times at different levels and they were all different.

3. Nobuo Uematsu | Succession Of Witches (Final Fantasy VIII Original Soundtrack)
Brings me back to the Final Fantasy VIII days. This song would always trip me out when I was younger. I love the harpsicord and the ominous vibes. He is one of my favorite composers for sure.

4. Kanye West | Welcome To Heartbreak (feat. Kid Cudi)
Brings me back to a certain time in my life when I got back from studying abroad in New Zealand. Starting my life over again. Love the vibes of this song and the whole album in general even tho people hate on it. Love the Autotune and Tribal drums in it.

5. JAY-Z | So Ambitious (feat. Pharrell)
Can't get enough of that Neptunes vibe. I love Pharrell's beats and he makes the best chorus vocals. Love that hook The motivation for me was them telling me what I could not be, oh well... So ambitious... Was listenin' to that shit during graduation at SDSU.

6. Frank Ocean | Pyramids
First time I heard this song I had goosebumps and I still get them everytime the bridge hits. Perfect blend of Acoustic and Electric with Frank Ocean's vocals... So good. I still listen to this song on the regular. Last time I went snowboarding I was bombing this hill right when bridge came in and it felt like time just stopped. Perfect song.

7. Zapp & Roger | More Bounce To The Ounce
First off, the name of this song is classic. I used to listen to this shit with my parents back in the day and then forgot about it. I was at Domino's and they were playing it and I shazammed it and was like Oh shit, I remember this song!... I bought a Microkorg and Talk-Box and I got that Zapp & Roger sound, just haven't incorporated it into any of my tracks yet. I like big booties.



8. Tool | Pushit
Best band ever. Most complex drum beat in a verse. I love this song. They need to come out with an album. It's been way too long.

9. Dr. Dre | Ackrite (feat. Hittman)
Ha, this album defined my High School life. Whatever happened to Hittman? Dopest verses.

10. Curtis Mayfield | Eddie You Should Know Better
Curtis Mayfield is that real shit. When I think of Soul I think of Curtis. I sampled this song under an old alias. I need to redo it because I love this song.

+11. Blackstreet | No Diggity (feat. Dr. Dre & Queen Pen)
Plus the Bondax remix... So good.

+12. Everything But The Girl | Walking Wounded 
The first Trip Hop song I've ever heard... These snare rolls and so hard to replicate. I still don't know how they did it exactly. Her voice is amazing.

+13. The Whitest Boy Alive | Golden Cage
Perfect sunny day, beach, cleaning my room, get out the shower vibe...

+14. Usher | Seduction
So good to seduce to this song. That bass line is saucy.

+15. Justin Timberlake | Like I Love You 
Late at night I talk to you. Got that classic JT feel. Definitely made a dance to this song in the mirror before... I'm gonna see if I remember it now.