WARMER MIXTAPES #1285 | by Terry Magson [Puzzle Muteson]

1. Snoop Doggy Dogg | Who Am I (What's My Name?) (feat. Dr. Dre)
This song and the whole of Doggystyle was incredibly exciting. I must of been 14, and I played it consistently. Snoop's raw lazy Rapping style, Dre's production, those trademark West Coast keyboard lines, Daz's and Dre's beats. It still stands solid 20 years on.

2. Sparklehorse | Gold Day
Gold Day is a really pretty song, distinctly soft and tender. It's hard to not fall in love with this track.

3. Radiohead | Idioteque
What I love about this song is the sense of Panic and Emergency. It drags you instantly into this journey a lot like that intense boat ride in the first Charlie And The Chocolate Factory film, but in slow motion, glitchy, strobey, Thom's voice frail yet fierce, it's like a great nightmare that you can fully get lost in.

4. Cocteau Twins | The Itchy Glowbo Blow
When I die I want the experience to feel just like this song. Great title too.

5. Elliott Smith | Pitseleh
I first heard this track and Elliott in a candle lit basement, kind of the perfect setting. I had played at an open mic night, it was the first time singing in front of humans, and a woman approached me and asked had I heard of this guy called Elliott Smith? She said I think you may like him, that night I must of first listened. That beautiful Depth of Helplessness, also the double tracked vocals gave it a welcoming haunting sensation.



6. Björk | Jóga
The Space in this song is really exciting. You get placed in this Unknown World with the map being the strings and the erupting Electronic textures, both following and almost dancing along with Björk's voice. Another great track to lose yourself in.

7. Brian Eno | By This River
I remember first hearing this song in the film Y Tu Mamá También. I Instantly searched the credits. Again another beautiful, moving piece of Music. I love the pace and the dripping sense it gives you.

8. Leonard Cohen | Suzanne (Judy Collins Cover)
For me this is the most perfect produced Folk song. It's like wrapping your head in the warmest blanket. The song grows perfectly with the female vocals creeping in and out, the subtle strings, Leonard's voice sits you down and the story magically unfolds.

9. Goldie | Timeless: Inner City Life/Pressure/Jah
A great early Drum And Bass track. It has this Sexual Eerieness about it which I found intriguing.

10. The Smashing Pumpkins | Thirty Three
I fell in love with Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness album. I think it touched a lot of people in a special place where a lot of Music can't reach. It's a case of surrendering to its bruised beauty.