WARMER MIXTAPES #1287 | by Siri Jantey of Glitter Wasteland
1. Sia | Breathe Me
I feel so numb and breakable every time when I hear this song, and the end blows me away.
2. Marvin Gaye | Sexual Healing
The title says everything. It's such a perfect song, everything is perfect, from the very first hit of the 808 drums until the last breathing sound.
3. James Blake | Limit To Your Love (Feist's 'The Limit To Your Love' Cover)
I love how he performs this song which was originally written by Lesley Feist and Gonzales, so fragile and soulful. And the break where this drone sub bass hits in - that very second my heart stops beating just to hear this part.
4. Massive Attack | Teardrop (with Elizabeth Fraser)
It feels almost like an angel is singing this beautiful line.
5. The Verve | Bitter Sweet Symphony
Sometimes I feel like Richard Ashcroft walking the streets...
6. Aphex Twin | Windowlicker
Another song with an incredible video clip by Chris Cunningham. Ingenious, song and clip. So funny and far out.
7. Sade | By Your Side
This is one of my secret moment kinda song. It makes me feel very sad when I'm listening to it and it makes me think about my childhood.
8. Erik Satie | Gymnopédie No.1 (Played by Pascal Rogé)
The Gymnopédies piano pieces are so simple, almost Minimal, but every single note is just perfect. Listening to these pieces I instantly fall into another state of mind.
9. LL Cool J | Doin' It (with LeShaun)
This is damn sexy. If you don't like this song, then something's wrong with you.
10. Aaliyah | Try Again (with Timbaland) (Romeo Must Die Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
So wicked. One of the best vocal arrangements, style-wise. And the production of Timbaland was ahead of Time.