WARMER MIXTAPES #1427 | by Chibi Vanwijnsberghe of Shindu
1. Prince And The Revolution | When Doves Cry
First I heard the remake from Quindon Tarver on the soundtrack of Romeo And Juliet. I was about 13 years old when I saw the movie and because of that song I discovered Prince. I am still a huge fan of him!
2. The Neon Judgement | TV Treated
When I was a teenager I had an intense New Wave period. I think I danced a hundred times on this one, it gets me in a sort of trance.
3. Pixies | Where Is My Mind?
This is the song which I never forget on the road! The whole album Come On Pilgrim is the ideal travel companion.
4. Sonic Youth | Superstar (Delaney & Bonnie & Friends' 'Groupie (Superstar)' Cover)
This is a masterpiece, very romantic.
5. Ken Boothe | Set Me Free (The Supremes' 'You Keep Me Hangin' On' Cover)
Every weekend in the morning I listen to the Reggae channel on my radio. It’s super relaxing. This is one of my all-time favourite Reggae tracks. I just love his version of the song, his voice is so beautiful. Far better than the original in my opinion.
6. Vive La Fête | Noir Désir
Awesome Belgian band and I love their live performance. The end is the very best part of this track… Just crazy!
7. 2 Belgen | Lena
The synths, the voice, the vibe… It’s just one of the best Belgian 80’s songs!
8. Nirvana | Where Did You Sleep Last Night (Traditional American Folk Song Cover)
The whole MTV Unplugged session of Nirvana was truly amazing. The performance of this song really gives me goose bumps every time I hear it.
9. Lou Reed | This Magic Moment (The Drifters with Ben E. King Cover)
First time I heard this was in the garage scene of the movie Lost Highway. That scene was just magical and very sexy, with my favourite actress, Patricia Arquette. The scene, the song, the actors, it’s just a perfect, magic and epic moment…
10. Siouxsie And The Banshees | Israel
I love Siouxsie, she inspires me as a vocalist. This track is simply brilliant.