WARMER MIXTAPES #1446 | by Travis Morrison of Travis Morrison Hellfighters, Time Travel and The Dismemberment Plan
1. The Sea And Cake | Sporting Life
Reminds me of the ...Plan tour after my dad died many years ago.
2. The Flaming Lips | Race For The Prize
Also my dad's illness.
3. Regina Spektor | Ode To Divorce
Reminds me of being broke and at loose ends after the ...Plan broke up in my early 30s. Some happy memories there actually.
4. Stevie Wonder | Creepin'
Reminds me of a time when I loved someone other than who I was with. I discovered this song then.
5. Traffic | The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys
Driving around my suburban hometown with friends at sunrise after being up all night, summer after we all graduated from College.
6. Sugarloaf | Green-Eyed Lady
Reminds me of my High School History teacher who used to walk around singing that infernal bass line.
7. Circus Lupus | Unrequited
Reminds me of my incredibly messy College group house room.
8. Death Cab For Cutie | We Laugh Indoors
Reminds me of our tour together.
9. Prince | Sign "O" The Times
Whole album... Reminds me of a road trip to Minnesota for my mother's 50th birthday. I was 21. I think I tried to visit every single girl I'd ever known between Washington and St. Paul on the way, with like a 35% success rate. That was the only cassette I took.
10. Mark Morrison | Return Of The Mack
Reminds me of 90s DC. This could be a whole other list, frankly, a very long one. 80s and 90s R&B was huge in DC, so I grew up with it.