WARMER MIXTAPES #1482 | by Balázs Semsei [Norwell/Elbow Room] and Martin Mikolai [S Olbricht/Stephan Olbricht/Poor Jiffy]/(Silf, Ste Pwri Tmod) of Norwell & S Olbricht

SIDE A | by Martin Mikolai

1. Thomas Köner | Novaya Zemlya 1
Novaya Zemlya is an archipelago in the Arctic Ocean in the North of Russia and the extreme Northeast of Europe, the most Eastern point of Europe, lying at Cape Flissingsky on the Northern island. This piece reflects to that place's Pure Emptiness and Desolation. While you are listening to it you can feel clearly that unbelievably huge space in the middle of nowhere. I think this is the most cold and soothing thing ever.

2. Autechre | Drane2
I admire the duo Autechre since I've heard them first. What they've done in the past 20 years is simply THE next level shit. This track is a kind of answer to another track called Bucephalus Bouncing Ball which is produced by Aphex Twin. Besides the clear melodies, I really like the speed-up delay trick that is the most powerful motif of Autechre's Drane2.

3. Sunn O))) | Báthory Erzsébet
This tune was born as a collaboration between the band Sunn O))), Oren Ambarchi (who is also one of my favorite artists) and Malefic. There's a story about Malefic who was responsible for the vocals: he wanted to do something special, so he decided to lock himself to a casket while he was singing besides he suffers from claustrophobia. This is the most painful, melancholic and dark stuff I've ever heard.

4. Legowelt | Forest Conditioner
I didn’t want to put Techno Music on the list, but I can’t avoid the most interesting person of the scene. I think I don't have to introduce Danny Wolfers. As he said in the read me attached to the album: It’s got a hella lot deep tape saturated Forest-Techno tracks on it and when I say Techno I don't mean that boooooooooooring contemporary shit they call Techno nowadays with overrated talentless pretentious douchebag cunt DJs playing a few halfassed dumb mongo beats and being all arty fartsy about it. F*ck that, I am talking about: Raw as fuck autistic Star Trek 1987- Misty Forests- X-FILES - DETROIT Unicorn Futurism made on cheap ass Digital & Analog crap synthesizers, recorded in a ragtag bedroom studio on a TEAC VHX cassettedeck in DOLBY C with an unintelligible yet soulfull vivacity. It's just a true shit anyway…

5. Talking Heads | This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)
It's just a simple Pop track from the early 80's. My friend, Máté Tulipán aka Carla Under Water showed me this stuff in summer 2013, when I moved back from Pécs to Budapest. I love those times and somehow this track became the most significant mark of that part of my life.

6. Huerco S. | 'Iińzhiid
Nah... Okay, another Techno track… But I really love this piece. That was my favorite Dance Music in 2013, because it avoids kickdrum which is a simple but good way to make something different in this scene. And I also love the melodies that Brian makes... That's all.

7. Squarepusher | A Journey To Reedham (7am Mix)
It reminds me of my teenage years. Back then I made a basic Breakcore project (Poor Jiffy), 'cause somehow I was able to spend days programming drum patterns. I think this is the last Experimental/Jungle (or whatever) recording that I can still enjoy when I'm sober.

8. ADULT. | I Feel Worse When I'm With You
It's fast, it's dynamic, it's powerful, it's Punk and it's the funniest break-up song ever. That's fair enough for me. This is my favorite drunk-track I guess.

9. Keith Fullerton Whitman | Occlusion (Rue De Bitche)
Whitman recorded this stuff as an answer to Eli Keszler's drum improvisations. It's amazing to hear how a Buchla modular-synth makes the same sound and vibe as Keszler's drums and other percussive objects.

10. Wedding Acid Group | Datsun JX3P
Three superheroes of Analog synths... They were active between 2010 and 2011 and their album Newpestian Adventures is an archive collection of their stuff. We were so glad when they said yes after we asked them to release these recordings. As they told me, these tracks are just random drunk recordings, but, if it's true, then they're essentially genius.


SIDE B | by Balázs Semsei

1. Radiohead | Reckoner (Holden Remix)
This is an unreleased remix by James Holden for one of my favorite bands, Radiohead. This track sounds like it’s not from this world, but in the meantime it is very organic and human. It’s a masterpiece.

2. Silver Apples | I Have Known Love
This is a special one for me. I discovered Silver Apples through this track a few years ago and they immediately became one of my favorite bands. The track is from 1969 and it’s one of the best Psychedelic tracks I’ve ever heard. Honestly it had a huge impact on my Music.

3. Maaskant | Outside The Cave (Ricardo Tobar Remix)
It’s a very interesting and I guess a quite unknown remix by Ricardo Tobar. I simply love how he treated the vocals and used the drums in this track and in the second part it sounds like the sky will fall on you in the next second.

4. Imre Kiss | Midnight Wave
Imre Kiss is a friend of mine and I’m very happy that he released his first album on Farbwechsel. The title track is my favorite from the album, it’s so calm and musing at the same time.

5. HTRK | Synthetik
Synthetik is from the previous HTRK album: it’s very emotional, melancholic at the same time. I’m not too much into Music Videos, but I love the one they made for Synthetik.

6. Thom Yorke | All For The Best (Miracle Legion Cover)
Thom Yorke, without doubt, is my favorite singer and I love his solo works maybe even more than the ones with Radiohead. I listen to this track a lot when I’m in a bad mood.

7. Musiccargo | Ich Geh Den Weg Mit Dir
Musiccargo is a contemporary German Krautrock band. I remember James Holden played this track on the shore of Lake Balaton in the morning. It was an absolutely perfect moment.

8. Who's Who | Hypnodance
It was released in 1980 in Italy. This track outstands the LP and I think the vocals are my favorite part in it. The title describes the track pretty much: it’s very hypnotic and danceable as well.

9. Harald Björk | Domus
I love the vibe in this one: after listening to Domus I’m always in a better mood and I feel really inspired as well.

10. Aphex Twin | Fingerbib
Aphex Twin has so many great tunes, so it was really hard to choose one. But for some reason Fingerbib is special for me, I could listen to it for a zillion times.