WARMER MIXTAPES #1540 | by Kevin Ogbodo [Ikes]

1. Puff Daddy & The Family | It's All About The Benjamins (Remix) (feat. The Notorious B.I.G., Lil' Kim & The Lox)
I just love this record, from the production to the lyrics, everyone kills it. When it comes on you just can't help but move, I just wish I had a verse on it, haha.

2. Wu-Tang Clan | Triumph (feat. Cappadonna)
This record had the illest video! I remember recording videos on VHS back in the day and this one had the most airplay. I've never seen a crew where every single member is lyrically strong. I tried my hardest to learn all the words! Still some gaps are missing till this day...

3. Pharrell | Frontin’ (feat. Jay-Z)
Maaaan, I have so much love for this dude and this record, it's so timeless and really encompasses The Neptunes soundscape. Pharrell is a living legend who inspires me to find The Profound in The Simple. Really dope JAY Z verse on this too!

4. Jay-Z | Allure
Now this record feels like a movie, when you love the game so much but you're trying to leave it behind, it just pulls you back in... Again, Pharrell production, no surprise there, Hov paints a perfect picture and every time I listen I really feel like I'm inside this motion picture. Just amazing.

5. Kanye West | Power
This is such a statement record, no one man should have all that power... It just makes you feel like you can make it, in whatever you aspire to be. I'm someone who likes to draw inspiration from different genres in my material and I love how Kanye does it here with the King Crimson sample.


6. Chris Brown | Fine China
This is prolly my best Breezy record ever, it's just the feeling it brings, it has the power to out me in the best mood no matter what. The MJ element is evident, but I love that about it, still sounds authentic.

7. Michael Jackson | The Lady In My Life
The King of Pop, best performer of all time... I just have so much love for this song, beautifully written and every time I listen it really brings back my childhood when my father used to play the MJ vinyls.

8. Frank Ocean | Novacane
This record came about when R&B was really on its way out, just felt Futuristic but Old Skool at the same time. And I loved it, just add no additives. Just True Music.

9. 2Pac | Keep Ya Head Up
Every time I listen to it brings back a time where a good friend of mine and I used to drive around back in 2001/2 bumping 2Pac in his 1.0 litre mint green Peugeot 106. Feels like Pac's speaking directly to us, really connects.

10. A Tribe Called Quest | 1nce Again (feat. Tammy Lucas)
First of all I gotta say R.I.P. Phife Dawg! This is my favourite Tribe record. It used to be the theme tune to Yo! Raps when I was growing up. I just love the energy and also the R&B element in the hook is just amazing to me.

+11. Nas | Project Windows (feat. Ron Isley)
Mr. Jones, the reason why I rap today & will always be my favourite rapper. I love Storytelling Rap and every time I play this record takes me back to King's Crescent Estate, Queen's Drive, where I grew up. It just feels like Nas is describing my blocks, we really lived it & this was the soundtrack to my life.

+12. LL Cool J | Loungin (Who Do Ya Luv) (with Total)
LL was the first to bridge the gap between Rap & R&B. This record really took over the whole summer back in '95. I was only 9 years old, but I felt how powerful this record was, I knew all the words. The chorus was so simple, catchy and soulful.