WARMER MIXTAPES #1548 | by Charles Bradley
Photo by Shayan Asgharnia
1. Isaac Hayes | I Stand Accused (Jerry Butler Cover)
That’s who I am, that’s what Life has done to me. Jerry Butler version is great too, but I love the Isaac Hayes version more.
2. Charles Bradley | Lovin' You, Baby (feat. The Sounds Of Menahan Street Band)
I can just feel it, feel the emotion every time I sing that song.
3. James Brown | It's A Man's Man's Man's World
Just one of my all time favorite songs, which I always loved and always performed when I cover James Brown.
4. Larry Clinton & His Orchestra | Heart And Soul (with Bea Wain)
I can still play it to this day.
5. Bobby Womack | I'm Through Trying To Prove My Love To You
The Realness in the feeling of the song to get you through a broken heart...
6. Barbra Streisand | The Way We Were (The Way We Were Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Brings up the memories of my childhood, especially the line Memories like the corners of my mind...
7. James Brown And The Famous Flames | I Lost Someone
And I still can’t sing it the way I want to when I cover it, 'cause I get too emotional.
8. William Bell | I Forgot To Be Your Lover
That’s when I was out looking for Love in all the wrong places.
9. Eagles | Take It To The Limit
'Cause it brings me back to being on the road, throughout the years.
10. Diana Ross | Love Hangover
She's amazing. I love her, and I love her voice on this song.