WARMER MIXTAPES #1577 | by Oskar Andersson [Northern Tropic] of Cut City

1. Suicide | Diamonds, Fur Coat, Champagne
Nothing sounds like Suicide. Love this song.

2. Jan Johansson | Byssan Lull (Swedish Traditional Seaman Song)
Jan was a friend of my grandfather, they used to party and play Music together in the Sixties. He's one of my all time favorite musicians. The way he phrases his playing is magic. This is actually an old Swedish nursery rhyme, but played so beautiful it brings tears to my eyes.



3. Jai Paul | Jasmine (Demo)
When I first heard this song I was blown away, it sounded like nothing I've heard before. Harsh and soft, ugly and beautiful at the same time.

4. The Sound | Kinetic
Why The Sound isn't bigger than U2 or even Simple Minds will always be a mystery to me. One of my all time favorite bands.



5. Erik Lundin | Haffla
Swedish Hip Hop... In the last few years has exploded. Erik's debut EP under his own name is one of the best releases ever made in Sweden.

6. Studio | West Side
Milestone. It sounds like all of my favorite songs played at the same time and still like nothing else. Singular piece of Music.


7. Ebo Taylor | Nga Nga
I think of Ebo Taylor as Fela Kuti's Melancholy brother. Super Funky beats over amazing vox.

8. Diana Ross | Upside Down
I remember when I was I kid, me and my family used to go on these vacations by car. The kids sat in the back and my father had made all these mixtapes: David Bowie, Blondie, Fleetwood Mac, Diana Ross. Love this song.

9. Frank Ocean | Novacane
Everybody loves Frank Ocean. The kid's a genius. Prince of the 10's.

10. Aaliyah | Try Again (with Timbaland) (Romeo Must Die Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Love the acidic bassline of this. And Aaliyah's amazing vox. Instant and everlasting.