WARMER MIXTAPES #1657 | by David Pimentel [Pomo/Yellow Lunar Human]/(Nouvel Âge)

1. Pet Shop Boys | Love Comes Quickly
I love Pet Shop Boys. Was hard to choose which song to put on the list, I've been listening to this one a lot lately. My dad always listened to them when I was growing up. One of the many songs of theirs that stuck with me. I love their lyrics and unique sound.

2. The Human League | Love Action (I Believe In Love)
Great song, especially Production-wise this song inspires me. I love all the sounds. Still want to make a song using that kind of rhythmic filter on the guitar at the beginning. The instruments, how they're processed and go together is so unique and creative to me. Also the synth lead melody is awesome.

3. Sinéad O'Connor | Nothing Compares 2 U (The Family Cover)
Written by Prince. This song is very emotionally powerful to me. It has such a special vibe. It feels heavenly. Love the subtleties like the chord change in the 2nd chorus. One of my favorites.

4. Prince And The Revolution | I Would Die 4 U (Purple Rain Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
The energy in this song is so awesome. There is a really cool 30 minute version of this where Prince and the band jam on it with added horns, percussion, and guitar. This song and Prince in general always inspires me to push myself creatively and honestly.

5. The Smiths | The Headmaster Ritual
This one is becoming one of my all time faves I've loved for years. I discovered it through Radiohead's amazing cover on their live stream back when they released In Rainbows. (Another one of my absolute favorite bands and albums). Learned this on guitar a couple days ago, gave me even more appreciation for Johnny Mars' playing and writing.



6. ABBA | Lay All Your Love On Me
ABBA has always been one of my favorite bands. Some of the greatest Pop Music, and production. Huge choruses, amazing sounds, great grooves. If you get too stoned, just put some ABBA on. It's such satisfying Music to listen to and enjoy.

7. Talk Talk | It's My Life (Live at Montreux 1986)
This performance on YouTube is so great. Love the acoustic guitars/synths/percussions... It's a great blend. And Mark Hollis is such a fantastic vocalist... RIP. There is a really cool moment in this Live version where it breaks down to just percussion and drums, and the rhythmic synth chords start to fade in. Watching this makes me want to get back on the road with the band.

8. Carpenters | Only Yesterday
Karen Carpenter has one of my favorite voices in Music. It's so soothing and pleasant. I really enjoy their songwriting. Very satisfying to listen to.

9. The Clash | The Magnificent Dance (Dance Remix of 'The Magnificent Seven')
This is my kind of Funk Music. Raw, and creative. Amazing production.

10. William Onyeabor | Body And Soul
I discovered William Onyeabor last year and became obsessed. The grooves are so awesome and raw. My ideal studio would have all the gear used to make his Music. It's dirty, and full of Character. The documentary about him is worth a watch too, a very mysterious guy.