Facts & Figures | with Kurt Feldman [The Ice Choir] of The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart, ZAZA and The Depreciation Guild

Warmer Climes: What exactly you wanted to express in Spirit Youth?

Kurt Feldman
:
Interesting and layered melodies (some immediate, some less so), a sense of euphoria, lyrics that sit somewhere between sickly-sweet and psychotic.

Warmer Climes: Single greatest accomplishment by any human ever:

Kurt Feldman
:
My mom is a 2nd grade teacher and she often keeps me up to date with fads that are going on in her school...Apparently there are these things called Silly Bandz which are rubber bands that are shaped like animals that kids buy and trade, and inevitably get them taken away during school. They were invented (re-appropriated?) by some guy in Ohio. He's most likely a millionaire at this point. Probably not the best accomplishment ever but good job, dude.

Warmer Climes: Most beautiful thing you can think of right now:

Kurt Feldman
:
My girlfriend Caycee Black just showed me the lookbook for her clothing line's fall 2010 season and it's absolutely gorgeous...That, and the song Torn Open by Sophie And Peter Johnston.

Warmer Climes: Where did you grow up?

Kurt Feldman
:
I was born and raised in New York. When I was very young, I lived in the West Village but I soon moved to the suburbs and attended school K-12 there. Then I moved back to New York City for college. I've been living in Brooklyn since I graduated.