WARMER MIXTAPES #306 | by Chris Glover [Penguin Prison]

1. Kanye West | All Of The Lights (with Rihanna, Alicia Keys, Alvin Fields, Charlie Wilson, Drake, Elly Jackson, Elton John, Fergie, John Legend, Ken Lewis, Kid Cudi, Ryan Leslie, Tony Williams)
This is my favorite song on Kanye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy album. It makes me want to go nuts. I love the production on it. It has a lot of energy.

2. Lykke Li | Get Some
I love this new song by Lykke Li. It's her best song so far in my opinion. It's a little bit shocking when she says I'm your prostitute... You gon' get some. I like songs where there is a moment of shocking lyrics.

3. Twin Shadow | Tyrant Destroyed
This is a very beautiful song. It's mysterious and dark and it makes me feel good. I like how the lyrics are a little hard to understand but I think I get it anyway.

4. Switch | I Call Your Name
This song just makes me feel good. It's kind of funny cuz his voice is ridiculously high. The groove is also ridiculous but in a different way. Crazy bass line.

5. The Flamingos | I Only Have Eyes For You (Dick Powell and Ruby Keeler Cover)
This is one of my favorite songs ever. Those background vocals sound so crazy. I don't know how they got them to sound like that. I can't understand what they are saying. Sometimes that makes me like a song even more if there is something about it that I don't fully understand.

6. Dirty Projectors | Stillness Is The Move
This song has no bass in it. I always think it's cool when someone can make a good song with no bass in it at all. The vocals are nuts here. And the guitar line is really insane. It's a great song.

7. Richie Havens | Going Back To My Roots
One of the best of all time. Amazing intro and build up and then the groove is ridiculous when it comes in. Great lyrics, great voice. I read that he didn't like it when he heard that dj's were playing this song in clubs. Well sorry man because this song makes people want to dance.

8. Led Zeppelin | Going To California
This is one of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs. Everyone thinks of them as a really heavy rock band but some of their best songs are the quiet acoustic ones. This is probably the best one of that kind.



9. Beck | Hollow Log
I like a lot of Beck's songs but this is one of my favorites. I don't know why. It's very simple and short but I think it's just classic.

10. Johnny Cash | That Lucky Old Sun (Just Rolls Around Heaven All Day) (Frankie Laine's 'That Lucky Old Sun' Cover)
One of the best songs ever written. I also like the version by Ray Charles. It's a perfect song. It paints a very clear picture. It is very direct and the listener gets exactly what the writer is trying to convey. Great songwriting.