WARMER MIXTAPES #596 | by Thomas John Paton Nicol [TJPN]

1. Sepalcure | Love Pressure
I have been listening to this song quite a lot for over a year now. It’s got such a good percussive pattern that runs all the way through and the chords are extremely soothing. A definite head nodder. The first time I heard this song, it came on shuffle on my iPod while I was on a bus home. I remember repeating it over and over and then playing it several times that evening.

2. Disclosure | Tenderly
I have been a massive Disclosure fan since the first time I heard them, and Tenderly has always been one of my favourite tracks of theirs. A little while ago me and some friends went to watch Bondax play in my hometown of Chester and at one point during their set they dropped Tenderly. I had listened to this track a lot, but I had never experienced it in a club environment which was pretty amazing. Definitely a special record.

3. Evelyn "Champagne" King | I’m In Love
I watched my friend perform an old school style DJ set at which he played this. It would be fair to say I could not stand still. The bass riff and the chords that run throughout make this song a very good listen.

4. Caspa | Victoria’s Secret (feat. D1)
This is an extremely good track to listen to late at night. Makes you think deeply which is why I like it so much. The horns used in it are incredible and also the short sample of the girl talking gets me every time. My friend showed it to me, and it was an important song to him as well because a girl close to him had moved away, which sort of ties in with the words in the song I guess.

5. Silversun Pickups | Lazy Eye
My brother showed me this band a couple of years ago, and I have not stopped listening to them. The newer albums are really good as well, however I am really into this album and specifically this track. It reminds me of just riding in the car with my older bro, which is pretty relaxing.

6. The Weeknd | What You Need
A friend put this on in the evening when a group of us were sat on a field in the Sun after my last exam about a year ago. I just remember loving it and downloading it as soon as I got home. Really relaxing track with great vocals like all of his songs.

7. Apple Bottom | Girl Cry
This is one of the best tracks I have heard in a long time. I am a fan of Ray J’s One Wish anyway and when I heard it being sampled in this song I just could not turn it off. I would say I listen to this at least once a day. Fantastic track.

8. XXYYXX | About You
I definitely wanted to include XXYYXX in my list, but it was hard to pick a song as this whole album is incredible. I would say About You is probably my favourite. It has often been in my ears while walking home late at night on my own and with friends. It’s a track that gets you thinking about things as well.

9. Four Tet | She Just Likes To Fight
I have been a fan of Four Tet for a little while since the release of There Is Love In You. I would say this is one of my favourites off the album and definitely holds a place in my list. It’s a good song to chill to and actually a nice song to travel to. I remember biking home in the rain after playing Football one evening with this album on and this was a stand-out song for me.

10. Deftones | Sextape
This has been a favourite of mine for a while. Every instrument, including the vocals, seems to erupt as it reaches the chorus, which creates a unique feeling and sound. Not many songs are able to evoke a lot of Emotion from the listener, however this one certainly can.