WARMER MIXTAPES #617 | by Meg Myers

1. Pinback | June
I discovered this song in my early 20's. I loved it since the very first time I heard it. I remember listening to it in the living room with my ex boyfriend and realizing for the thousandth time that the things that meant so much to me and touched me so deeply meant nothing to him... Or at least meant much less to him than they did to me. The piano is so simple and gorgeous. Less is more. I carved the lyrics in the chorus onto my guitar. They mean so much to me and it's impossible to explain why.

2. Dire Straights | Brothers In Arms
I heard this song when I was a little girl. It reminds me of my tragic childhood and on into my late teens. It makes me feel so much. Mark Knopfler is a huge inspiration of mine. That fucking solo.

3. Seal | Kiss From A Rose
Why do people make fun of this song? Because people are fucking idiots. It's genius. I first heard it when I was laying on top of the car at the drive-in with my family watching Batman Forever. It's so romantic. I've daydreamed to this song my whole life.

4. Sting | Russians
Sting is my favorite composer of all time. I love numerous amounts of his music. With and after the Police. Russians does something unexplainable to my body. I used to listen to this song on repeat and right when the second verse comes in I would rewind it and keep listening to it over and over. It gives me chills.


5. Goo Goo Dolls | Name
First off, John Rzeznik is a beautiful man. I don't know what he looks like now and I don't know what he's doing musically, and I don't give a shit. He will always be my #1 crush. I was obsessed with him as a young teen and I planned on marrying him. Being a Jehovah's witness, I wasn't allowed to listen to Music with cursing so the Goo Goo Dolls were approved by my stepdad (most of their songs) and they got me through a lot of pain and made me feel like things were going to be okay. Name, the song and the video, does something to my soul. It's who I am.

6. Arcade Fire | We Used To Wait
This band... Ugh. I can listen to their songs over and over again and I'll never get sick of them. They don't write about the same crap everybody writes about. They write about Life, about growing older and about all the beautiful fucked up things we humans feel... They just express it in a way I've never heard before. This song, musically and lyrically tears me apart. At about 2:16, the breakdown kills me.

7. Lindsey Buckingham | Go Insane
My little sister had a crush on him when she was about 4 years old. I used to sit with her and watch him play this and a few other songs solo/live and he became a huge inspiration to my songwriting. He's an exceptional guitarist and the passion in his vocals, especially in this song, have and always will pull at my heart strings.



8. Nirvana | Something In The Way
This song is so simple and yet one of the most powerful songs ever written. I'm going to shut up... There aren't even words for how this one affects me.

9. Alice In Chains | Nutshell
I wish people still wrote like this. What happened??? Layne Stayley was one of my biggest influences growing up. His voice was perfect but he never lacked Emotion. Quite the opposite. And these lyrics... That man was a true artist.

10. Ludovico Einaudi | A Fuoco
I think I first heard this song on the Classical station on Pandora. It makes me cry. It makes me miss my family. And it makes me realize that most of the shit we care about these days doesn't even matter. It allows me to let go. Daydream. The chorus is epic and beautiful.

+11. Joan Osborne | St. Teresa
The whole Relish album was great. Joan Osborne became a big influence of mine in my late childhood. My mom used to play her songs all the time and we'd sing along. I saw her live once and her voice was so strong and perfect. I really love the feeling of this song. She's such an unique artist and once again, what the fuck happened to true heartfelt Music like this? Never get sick of this song.