WARMER MIXTAPES #1259 | by Hanna Brewer, Taylor Busby and Tyler Smith of Purple

SIDE A | by Hanna Brewer

1. Sade | Paradise
This song is awesome because the bass line stays exactly the same through the whole song and it's so solid and groovin'.

2. No Doubt | Sunday Morning 
I love how the drum beat changes so much in this song but it never throws it off.

3. Yeah Yeah Yeahs | Man
This is the first song that inspired me to take chances vocally and it's got a really wild drum beat.

4. Pantera | Cemetery Gates 
The main guitar riff in this song is just the epitome of Texas Metal.

5. Devin The Dude | Do What You Wanna Do
The lyrics in this song remind me to believe in myself and stay confident with my decisions.

6. The Smashing Pumpkins | Tristessa
THE DRUMS. 'Nuff said.

7. Mariah Carey | Shake It Off 
I love the melody of this song and the beat.

8. Loretta Lynn | You Ain't Woman Enough (To Take My Man)
This song is perfectly in my vocal range and I love how Mrs. Lynn represents Southern women.

9. Patsy Cline | Crazy 
This song tears at my heart strings and makes me just wanna drink tea on my front porch and think.

10. Nirvana | Territorial Pissings
I love how at the end of this song the vocals just kinda fall apart and Kurt Cobain is just screaming like a psycho.


SIDE B | by Taylor Busby

1. Oingo Boingo | We Close Our Eyes 
This song is the first song I can remember hearing as a kid. It reminds me of my dad taking me to the beach.

2. Abner Jay | St. James Infirmary Blues (Joe Primrose/Irving Mills Cover)
This song has a little bit of every emotion in it. It's also a great story.

3. Minutemen | History Lesson - Part II
This song brings back memories of skating and drinking with my friends in the summer.

4. Dennis Brown | It's Time To Have Fun 
I have a huge love for Reggae and this song just hits the spot every time.

5. Nirvana | Milk It 
Such a rocking tune, but also really fragile in the verses. It really shows the Human element in Music.


6. Red Hot Chili Peppers | Sir Psycho Sexy 
Such a tight groove, insane lyrics, and energy. If you stand still when this song comes on... You're not my friend.

7. Ty Segall | My Sunshine 
Raw and in your face vocals. Simplicity is key.

8. The Clash | Ghetto Defendant 
This song is a good example of Punk and Reggae coming together. The Clash is a big influence on me musically.

9. Neil Young | Motion Pictures
Home away from home, living in between... That line hits me every time. It explains Life on the road so well.

10. Master P | Burbons And Lacs (with  Lil' Gotti & Mo B. Dick)
Reminds me of the town I grew up in (Beaumont, TX). Normally comes on when me and my best friends are drinking.

SIDE C | by Tyler Smith

1. Pink Floyd | Breathe 
Interstellar Aural trip with Universally Relevant lyrics.

2. Jeff Buckley | Lover, You Should've Come Over
Tidal-wave crescendos matched by an ethereal vocal performance.

3. The Flaming Lips | Ego Tripping At The Gates Of Hell 
Honest Human Sentiment in a song with a groovin' rhythm section.

4. The Dear Hunter | 1878
Rock 'n' Roll orchestrated to its highest potential in arrangement and execution.

5. Duke Ellington & John Coltrane | In A Sentimental Mood 
The very heart of Sadness, Depression, and Despair expressed by two masters having a musical conversation.

6. The Mars Volta | Vicarious Atonement
Dark Jazz/Rock fusion blended in free time.

7. Radiohead | Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
A polyrhythmic dance in E minor.

8. Led Zeppelin | No Quarter
Organic Rock with excellent instrumentation.

9. The Dave Brubeck Quartet | Take Five
A classic groove with a linear beat.

10. Wilco | Impossible Germany
Beautifully arranged songwriting with a mellow tonality.