WARMER MIXTAPES #1412 | by Stephan Douglas Jenkins (Puck And Natty) of Third Eye Blind

1. Bon Iver | Blood Bank
Favorite Xmas song ever. When I was writing the lyrics to this album it reminded me that the inner life of the characters in song could be so vivid. An artist I work with, Spencer Barnett covered it. I love his version too.

2. This Mortal Coil | Song To The Siren (with Elizabeth Fraser) (Tim Buckley Cover)
Elizabeth Fraser is perhaps my favorite singer of all time. She's so Gothic, it's like being down in a crypt when I hear that song.


3. Milky Chance | Stolen Dance
I saw these guys yesterday, as I write this, at a small show after Coachella. I love how everyone felt happy without being smarmy. It's that simple, picking of one vibe and really going into it. It's the kind of thing that I pretty much never do. It's probably why I appreciate it so much when others do.

4. Caribou | Can't Do Without You
I love songs that make you feel all druggy without any drugs. This is one of these songs that feels like the Present Tense. Good, but anticipating something more. That whole album is on point. Take your pick.

5. Third Eye Blind | Self Righteous (with Kimya Dawson)
An oldie but a goodie. I just wanted to give it some attention. It's my best example of making a song that just makes you want to lay there catatonic in the haze of its power.

6. Sia | Elastic Heart (feat. The Weeknd & Diplo) (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
I'm really moved by Pop lately. She's a mighty warrior princess. At least that's my impression when I'm driving through windy roads through Northern California.


7. Tove Lo | Talking Body
The first time I heard this, the little hey in there just roped me in. And I think she's representative of up close, feminist, assertive kind of Sexuality that's not subjectable to shame, or patriarchal leave. And that's in a Pop song!



8. Route 94 | My Love (feat. Jess Glynne)
Reminds me to sing with a sense of Vulnerability. This is that song for that moment when everyone's up in my kitchen, cooking, dancing, and singing all, we're al' about to get into something good. Plus I love this retro piano House stuff. I would never do it, but I love how I'm transported into the London Underground when I hear it.



9. Edith Piaf | Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien
The completion of the triad with Freddie Mercury and Elizabeth Fraser, Édith Piaf is one of my favorite singers ever. When she sings I have to listen. She's a reminder to me to live, taste, feel--and, for God's sakes, sing.


10. Weekend | Coma Summer
Weekend is my favorite of the Neo Shoegaze bands. Nothing more dreaded nor delicious than Coma Summer. They remind me that sometimes two chords is all you need.