WARMER MIXTAPES #362 | by Chris D'Eon [d'Eon/Kallisti]

1. Aphex Twin | Xtal
Something really special about this track. I remember hearing it for the first time as a teenager on a rainy Sunday and being completely lovestruck...

2. ELO | 21st Century Man
The lyrics to this song apply to all of us living in this century. Despite all the technology and information we have access to, we are still at the mercy of our own sadness.

3. Arpanet | NTT Docomo
Totally prophetic. Another song that predicted how we all live today, with mobile phones tapping into every aspect of the Internet's resources.

4. Todd Rundgren | Healing
The most overt religious themes in Todd's discography. Not sure if this song is sad or ecstatic, but sometimes there is not much of a difference between the two.


5. Joni Mitchell | The Boho Dance
My favourite Joni. The French horns and flutes break my heart. This song seems critical of bohemian hipster culture.

6. SES | Dreams Come True
Heartbreaking Korean pop from the turn of the century. I used to secretly listen to this song on repeat on my discman in high school. Nobody could know I was listening to k-pop...

7. Coil | Red Birds Will Fly Out Of The East And Destroy Paris In A Night
My favourite Coil. Gives me visions of post-information-age hellscapes.

8. Death In June | Giddy Giddy Carousel
Perfect mixture of industrial hardness and delicate female vocals. This is a rare combination...

9. Whitehouse | Wriggle Like A Fucking Eel
In a league of their own. Nothing compares to the lyrics of Whitehouse. Vaguely like Southern rap taken to its logical extreme with its layers of screaming.

10. Terry Riley | Celestial Valley
The most influential keyboardist to me. So many times when I play keyboard I find myself ripping off Terry Riley. His improvisational style is burned into my muscle memory forever.