WARMER MIXTAPES #369 | by Rocco Raimundo

1. The Eagles | I Can't Tell You Why
My father is a major Eagles fan, and whilst growing up, their records would be on constant repeat at home, and this track in particular reminds me of some of the best times at home while growing up. You can't go past the guitar melodies in this, especially towards the end. Its one of my lazy Sunday hangover/recovery jams.

2. Paul McCartney & Wings | Goodnight Tonight
This track also brings back a heap of memories whilst growing up. The bassline & groove are so addictive, its crazy. Its the ultimate track to end with at a party.

3. Fleetwood Mac | Seven Wonders
I'm a HUGE Fleetwood Mac fan. I can't recall how I was introduced to them (I must have been really young), but I knew once I'd heard them I'd forever love everything they do. Stevie has some of the best vocals I've heard. If I was to choose people to work with, or people to provide vocals for me... Stevie would definitely be at the top of my list. Jellybean Benitez did a really cool dub edit of it, I think it was released in the late 80's, which is a must have!

4. Metro Area | Soft Hoop
Who doesn't love Metro Area? It's so difficult to choose a favourite, but I couldn't go past Soft Hoop. The keys, bassline, synths and percussion are impeccable. It's complete funk, and I don't know about you... But I could keep it on repeat forever and not get sick of it. I really hope they release some new material in the future!

5. The Avalanches | A Different Feeling (Ernest St. Laurent Remix)
A really good friend of mine introduced me to this. As soon as I heard it, I couldn't stop clicking the play button, it was on repeat for weeks on end. I somehow forgot about it for a while. I heard it being played in a club one night, and it reminded me just how much I loved it. Its such a good interpretation of an already great original.


6. Benjamin Diamond | Fit Your Heart
This is an absolute jam. Has an amazing dub, and even better vocals. This track sounds so good in clubs, and ALWAYS gets people going. You can obviously see why. I wish current music still had this vibe.

7. Komiko | Feel Alright
I can't recall exactly, but I'm pretty sure that my love for disco and funk was a result of this very track. As soon as I heard it, I couldn't stop moving. I unfortunately don't own this on vinyl, and can't seem to find it anywhere... So if anyone wants to swing me a copy, that'll be cool (ha ha).

8. Imaginaton | Burnin' Up
It's impossible not to love everything Imagination ever did. The piano in this is ridiculously good. I remember hearing it for the first time and not wanting it to end because the piano is just so catchy and cool.

9. Sébastien Tellier | La Ritournelle
And Look... I couldn't choose between the two of these tracks, I love them equally. I was blown away when I heard La Ritournelle for the first time. I can't really explain how I felt, it's like an orchestral journey... Musical magic. When I first heard the Sexuality album, Look instantly stood out, and was on repeat for ages! Also, the video for Look is amazing and won Best Videoclip at the French Art & Directors Club awards.

10. Dr. Dre | Xxplosive
I know this is a little random considering the tracks mentioned above, but whilst being strongly into disco/funk etc., I grew up listening to a heap of hip hop. Dr. Dre's The Chronic 2001 is one of my all time favourite hip hop albums. This track in particular reminds me of my early teens, hanging out with mates and getting into all sorts of mischief.