WARMER MIXTAPES #503 | by Aaron Brink and Steve Reidell of The Hood Internet

SIDE A | by Steve Reidell aka STV SLV

1. Supreme Cuts | Issues
This sounds like the future.

2. Hooray For Earth | True Loves
We did a remix of this song that was fun to do, but really it's all about the original version.

3. Kanye West | Christian Dior Denim Flow (feat. Kid Cudi, Pusha T, John Legend, Lloyd Banks, Ryan Leslie)
Probably my favorite track from the G.O.O.D. Fridays series.

4. Timber Timbre | Bad Ritual
The record is called Creep On Creepin' On which I love cause this song totally has a creep-cadence.

5. Kleenex Girl Wonder | Does Your Back Hurt?
Classic lyrical wit and memorable Pop melodies from Graham Smith and his band.

6. Sims | Burn It Down
Anthem from a member of the mighty Doomtree crew. Produced by the incredible Lazerbeak.

7. Driftless Pony Club | Inspectors Of Inspectors
Veterans of the game, these dudes have been around for 10 years and keep getting better. This song is a testament.

8. Bon Iver | Beth/Rest
It's like the self-assessed Hornsby, but also with a bit of Cetera and some electronic Phil-era Genesis drums. And stellar lyrics.

9. Lil B | The Age Of Information
Josh from Elite Gymnastics put me on to this while we were smoking weed. I've listened to plenty of the Based God's material and this as one of the best.

10. Jim Jones | Believe In Magic (feat. Lloyd)
Was excited at the prospect of a Girl Talk-produced track and this one totally delivers. Dipset.


SIDE B | by Aaron Brink aka ABX

1. Gang Gang Dance | Romance Layers
I love that they really let their R&B influences show on this record. This one has got a lot of smoothness going on.

2. Okkervil River | White Shadow Waltz
Would love to play piano on this track. I’d just pound out the chords as loud as I could.

3. Big K.R.I.T. | Country Shit (Remix) (feat. Ludacris & Bun B)
Really like the original, but have been listening to the remix more. Perfect track for Bun and I usually like Luda on his guest verses more than his full tracks anyway.

4. The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart | Even In Dreams
They make as good a case as anyone for bringing back sounds from the 90s. They could probably do whatever decade they want considering the quality of Pop hooks they write.

5. tUnE-yArDs | Gangsta
My favorite part comes a few bars in when the drums drop out and it’s just siren sounds imitated by vocals. Better than songs that use real siren sounds which I always mistake for a nearby police car when I’m driving.
6. Lykke Li | Jerome
I don’t know anyone named Jerome, but sometimes on Seinfeld, Jerry is referred to by that name. So when I listen to this song, I picture her singing it to Jerry Seinfeld.

7. The Antlers | No Windows
A great slow jam. I could definitely see The-Dream or The Weeknd singing over this track.

8. Smith Westerns | Smile
Some songs grow on you with repeated listens, while others grow on you through the course of the song. This falls in the latter category for me. I’m a sucker for key changes and I love the one at the end.

9. Kanye West | Devil In A New Dress (feat. Rick Ross)
Rick Ross always sounds like he’s sitting in a pile of money. I like how there is an extended instrumental section in the middle that cuts the song in half. Not a typical Rap song structure.

10. The Go! Team | Apollo Throwdown
In my mind this is the soundtrack to a slow-motion beach party montage. It could also work with the training sequence in one of the Rocky movies where Rocky and Apollo Creed are running on the beach.