WARMER MIXTAPES #737 | by Daisy O'Dell of The M.I.D.S.

1. Nico | These Days
I am obsessed with Nico’s voice. She is so blasé and the epitome of cool. These lyrics are powerful and I relate completely.

2. Suicide | Keep Your Dreams 
The rising action gets my emotions racing every listen and the lyrics are pretty much my mantra: Keep them dreams burning, baby. Keep that feeling burning, forever...

3. Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young | Helpless
I adore Neil Young. Growing up in Canada, he is part of my national identity and the sound of his voice takes me home. His lyrical stories are perfection and his political and social activism is amazing. I spend all summer listening to Neil Young.

4. New Order | Your Silent Face 
Standout New Order song and a stirring synth opus. Peter Hook’s lead-y bass makes me sway.

5. LCD Soundsystem | All My Friends 
I was lucky enough to be at the last ever MSG show and when LDC performed this I got to sing at the top of my lungs with some of my favorite friends - epic night.

6. The Jesus And Mary Chain | Just Like Honey
I think that I am the protagonist girl in this song, taking on half the world. I’m always trying to burry my vocals to sound more like J&MC. Shoegaze is one of my favorite genres. I can walk around New York for hours listening to songs like this.

7. Leonard Cohen | Chelsea Hotel No. 2
I wrote papers on Mr. Cohen in high school. I was pretty obsessed. We are ugly but we have the Music. ‘Nuff said.

8. Bruce Springsteen | I'm On Fire 
This song turns me on. The Boss has the SEXIEST voice. Husky perfection.

9. David Bowie | Rock 'N' Roll Suicide
Bowie is my fantasy lover. I want to fuck him, but I also want to be him. He is my favorite lyricist and I’ve always admired his ability to evolve. This song makes me want to be a Rock star. That is kind of lame to admit, since the message should be more of a deterrent. I’ve always been seduced by disillusionment.

10. Lou Reed | Perfect Day
This song is about heroin, but it is so melancholy beautiful it makes me think of Love. I played it at my wedding and now wherever I hear it I’m transported to that perfect day.

+11. Talking Heads | This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)
I also played this at my wedding. It is my favorite Love song.

+12. Gloria Jones | Tainted Love
One of my pet DJ tunes. The day I finally found this record was a happy day indeed. I also really dig the Soft Cell version, but there is something about Northern Soul that always gets my toes tapping.