WARMER MIXTAPES #1120 | by Vanessa Elisha

1. Lauryn Hill | Just Like Water
The picking of guitar strings, the rawness and emotion in her voice; it's haunting and beautiful, almost brings me to tears to listen to it.

2. Monica | Don't Take It Personal (Just One Of Dem Days) 
Her vocal runs had me flawed. I was young when I first heard her and all I could think was, how the hell did she do those runs?... So I sung along until I figured my own way how.

3. Floetry | Say Yes
Marsha Ambrosius' voice is something else. She's not human, probably one of the most unique voices I’ve ever heard. The keys at the beginning of this song give me chills.

4. Field Mobb | Sick Of Being Lonely
I always randomly sing this at people to this day, to make them feel guilty, ha.

5. Aaliyah | I Don't Wanna (Romeo Must Die Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
This reminds me of Romeo Must Die, one of my favorite movies of all time. Just makes me feel good, makes me feel like I'm home.

6. Keke Wyatt | Nothing In This World (feat. Avant)
This song has been in my mum's car from the early 2000s to this day. When I hear it, I'm flooded with memories, from long 12-hour trips to our drives to and from School.



7. SWV | Weak
I was always a shy, timid kid in School. In class they asked us to do a performance for grading, I got on the keys and played something completely terrible, the teacher told me off and told me to sing a song. I sung Weak… To the class’s surprise.

8. Drake | Sooner Than Later
This introduced me to Drake in the best kind of way. I fell in Love with his Lyricism, it's real, you can relate to it. Simple melodies, sexy vocals, I couldn’t ask for anything more.

9. Jon B | They Don't Know
Jon B’s voice is like butter. This is one of those songs that will always randomly pop into my head at any time of the day, any part of the year.

10. Nivea | Don't Mess With My Man (feat. Brian & Brandon Casey of Jagged Edge)
I just remember…Embarrassingly singing this song around my room… All the time.