WARMER MIXTAPES #1216 | by Logan Dennis Lynn [Logan Lynn]


1. Sylvan Esso | Play It Right
I am in love with these two. Sylvan Esso's record is my favorite thing to come out this year so far for sure. I hope we can play shows together sometime!

2. Quarterflash | Harden My Heart
This has been my go-to lately for weepy headphones time, which I am into. I love a good break-up empowerment anthem to accompany my blues.

3. Simian | La Breeze
As bands I continue to be inspired by go, Simian always lands at the top of that list. I miss these guys so much. We Are Your Friends was a perfect record.

4. tUnE-yArDs | Water Fountain
I'm completely obsessed with everything Merrill Garbus does. Working with her would be the kind of collaboration my dreams are made of.

5. A Camp | The Bluest Eyes In Texas (Restless Heart Cover) (Boys Don't Cry Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
I grew up listening to The Cardigans and basically Nina Persson could sing the phone book and I would feel moved. Her A Camp project has released some very special songs, this cover being one of my favorites.



6. The Innocence Mission | Where Does The Time Go?
When I was younger Karen Peris' voice was the only thing I could find to take me out of myself and into someplace beautiful. Her songs are timeless for me, and I still routinely find my escape in her songs. If Music is a Religion, The Innocence Mission is my denomination.

7. Chromatics | Kill For Love
The title track from my dear friend Ruth's band Chromatics' album of the same name has been on heavy rotation at my house lately. I think it makes me feel nostalgic for the olden days of Portland somehow... Before everybody got so famous and our town became a parody of itself. Old Portland forever!

8. Painted Palms | Forever
I first saw these guys perform when they were opening for Of Montreal in Portland a few years ago and was blown away. I'm a sucker for trippy, thoughtful, melancholy Pop Music, so... I was easy to hook.

9. Austra | Hurt Me Now
We are sharing a stage with Austra this September at Stargayzer Festival in Austin, Texas with Mykki Blanco, Big Freedia, Trust, Kingdom and a whole mess of other incredible folks. This song is perfection, and is something of a mantra for me.

10. Phoenix | If I Ever Feel Better
I can't believe this song will be 15 years old next year! This is my jam. STILL.