1. The Incredible String Band | Koeeoaddi There
Takes me back 25 years to the time I slept soundly on a hardwood floor and thought myself all the better for it.

2. Tyrannosaurus Rex | The Throat Of Winter
Whenever I'm flagged down in public and asked to name my favorite LP, I offer Tyrannosaurus Rex's Unicorn by way of response. It's been that way for as long as I can recall, and I'd like to hear the album that's gonna top it.

3. Bachdenkel | Equals
Unloved/under-appreciated UK group whose only crime was consistently delivering top drawer material. A Prog epic in under 2 minutes is your good fortune.

4. Cressida | Down Down
My friend Brian Luckacher turned me on to this lot once when we were zooming away from Poughkeepsie in search of sustenance and mirth... A pleasing soundtrack to escape.

5. The Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation | Don't Take The Power Away 
The odd man out on To Mum, From Aynsley And The Boys LP. A drowsy, romantic downer that always sets the perfect pace for a night of entertainments.

6. Kevin Coyne | Evil Island Home
I remember the time we were playing Case History in the car. We drove past Bed Bath & Beyond, we drove past Furniture Warehouse, we drove past Office Depot. We didn't slow down. We didn't get out. It was perfect.



7. Gnidrolog | I Could Never Be A Soldier
One of those marvellous songs that paralizes this helpless listener in gooseflesh each and every time it is heard.

8. Sweet Slag | Babyi Ar
Ramshackle Blues Rock that owes as much to decrepit motorway service stations as it does to Stockhausen. A forgotten classic that is now gaining ground.

9. Jupiter Sunset | Novgorod
Not a dry eye in the house whenever this one gets an airing. The choral/mellotron climax is almost as satisfying to mind and body as Rialzu's A Man Di Diu.

10. Pink Floyd | Remember A Day
Darren's father wore jeans, and had Pink Floyd's A Saucerful Of Secrets in his record collection. You don't forget a thing like that when you're 15.