WARMER MIXTAPES #1506 | by Jamey See Tai [SEE TAI] of The Photographic

1. New Order | Age Of Consent
The first time I heard this song I was sitting in a van outside of the venue my band at the time was about to play. I’m pretty sure we were waiting for the Sound guy to get there, so we were just killing time listening to Music, and a friend of ours who was riding with us put on Power, Corruption & Lies. The second that bass riff started, I was hooked (pun not intended), and as the song built with the bustling hi hats, the melodically jagged guitar line, and the warm synth, it quickly became an all time favorite of mine.

2. Chromatics | Cherry
A current favorite of mine. I’m a fan of most anything Johnny Jewel has a hand in, but this song is on a different level for me. The melody, the groove, the production... I’ve listened to it so many times, and it still has yet to lose any of its brilliance.

3. Chic | I Want Your Love
One of my favorite Disco/Pop songs ever. The bass line alone makes my head spin, but on top of that there’s a Nile Rodgers guitar riff, strings, horns, piano, a catchy vocal hook, and so many other little intricacies, all crafting such great melodies together.

4. Todd Terje | Inspector Norse
Todd Terje has quickly become one of my favorite producers. It’s hard for me to choose a favorite track of his, but I chose this song because it is so undeniably catchy. I love every sound he used, and when the lead synth line makes that jump an octave up, I can’t help but move my entire body.

5. Kate Bush | Running Up That Hill
I heard someone sing this song on a Karaoke night in a small dive bar in Louisville a while back. I don’t even remember if the performance was that great or anything. I just remember I wanted to find out who did that song. It’s still a favorite of mine to this day.

6. Beach House | Norway
This song introduced me to one of my favorite bands of the past decade. To me, both Teen Dream and Bloom are solid albums all the way through. Everything about their Music is so warm, making them the perfect companion the second Fall/Autumn rolls around every year.

7. Morrissey | Used To Be A Sweet Boy
This is one of my favorite Morrissey songs, and an overlooked one I think. The lyrics always kind of hit home for me. It’s always strange to think back of your childhood, and really notice how much Life and Time can change you.

8. Spiritualized | Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space
Everytime I hear this song I am overwhelmed with a sense of Beauty and Sadness at the same time. I always have to listen to this song loud as it crescendos into all of its many layers. It’s Spiritualized’s take on Canon In D, and it’s perfect.

9. Colin Blunstone | Caroline Goodbye
One of the most poignant voices there will ever be. Check out his album One Year and hear for yourself.

10. David Bowie | Heroes
David Bowie and Brian Eno together. All of their collaborative work is cool... But the guitar in this song is so good!! R.I.P.