WARMER MIXTAPES #1599 | by Justin Osborne of SUSTO

1. Loudon Wainwright III | The Swimming Song
This song is one of my theme songs. When I'm not touring with SUSTO, I live in Charleston, SC where I love to go swim in the ocean with my friends. I also just love to be in water... Rivers, lakes, swimming pools, etc.

2. My Morning Jacket | Outta My System
This song also feels like a theme song to me. I'm a big fan of MMJ and I relate to this song so much. I've had a fairly reckless youth and now I at least pretend that I know better.

3. Kendrick Lamar | Alright
I love this song so much. I've been touring for over a decade and am just now starting to break through to some degree. It finally feels like things are gonna work out. Anytime some good news comes through, I put this song on and smoke weed.

4. Townes Van Zandt | To Live Is To Fly
This song is so lite and easy. It floats over Love, Music and Living. Townes was one of the best writers who've ever lived and this is my favorite song of his. I'll miss the system here, the bottom's low and the treble's clear reminds me of that feeling when you're on tour and the sound on stage at a venue is perfect, there's not much better than that for someone in a touring band.

5. Band Of Horses | The Funeral
Band Of Horses is one of my all time favorite bands. They have so many great songs/albums, this is their biggest hit, and for good reason. This song is incredibly spooky and beautiful. It's one of my favorites of all time, always will be.


6. Beck | Where It's At
I will always be a fan of 90's Alternative Music. That time period is when I really started latching on to Music. I would listen to radio constantly and rush home from School to watch MTV and VH1. I just fell in Love with it all. This song was at the forefront of that for me. I remember requesting this song on the radio as a kid, it was my first favorite song and still is one of my favorites!

7. Bob Marley & The Wailers | No Woman No Cry (Live At The Lyceum, London/1975)
This is one of the greatest songs of all time, and in my opinion the greatest live recording of all time. I've been a fan of Bob Marley since I was young and this recording specifically has been a part of my life so often and in such an inspirational way. I use this song as a reference when writing. Jah Werx was heavily inspired by this song.

8. Jim Croce | Box #10
My dad is a big Jim Croce fan so he showed him to me early on in Life. This song particularly sticks out because I love and relate to the story. Having dreams of making it in Music as a kid is pretty common I think. Then you go out and try to make it and The World will burn you real quick. I've been burned a lot and this song is a good reminder of that.

9. Grateful Dead | Box Of Rain
While we're on the subject of boxes, haha, this is another of my all time favorite songs. I got into The Grateful Dead really heavily when I went to College. It was a Military College and it was my first time ever living away from home, also my first experience of Charleston where I live now. It was a tough experience being at Military School and I always looked forward to not being there. The lyrics to this song this is all a dream we dreamed one afternoon long ago was kind of my this too shall pass mantra during my time there. I will always love The Grateful Dead and will always love this song.

10. Buena Vista Social Club | Chan Chan
When I lived in Cuba I fell in Love with The Music, especially Buena Vista Social Club. This song is particularly striking to me. The story and the groove are so Cuban, it makes me want to dance in the dark heat of a Caribbean summer night. Sweat, Rum, Romance & Smoke.