WARMER MIXTAPES #1613 | by Jeremy Lublin of Hearsay T.A.O., New Romans, Romans, We Are The Fury and Jeremy & The Harlequins

1. Ritchie Valens | La Bamba (Mexican Folk Song Adaption)
This was the first Rock 'N' Roll song I loved... And I still love it. I used to play along with a broomstick as guitar when I was 4 years old. I'd be at a very different place in Life without Buddy Holly and Ritchie Valens.

2. Bruce Springsteen | Born In The U.S.A.
What early 80's kid didn't love this tune? This is a four-minute explanation of what American Music is.

3. Bryan Adams | (Everything I Do) I Do It For You (Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
The first ballad I ever liked and the first CD I ever purchased. I laughed it off in my late teens and early 20's, but Bryan Adams is still The King Of The Rock 'N' Roll Ballads.

4. Nirvana | Smells Like Teen Spirit
While other kids who played guitar in Junior High tried to outdo each other by laboring over Van Halen's Eruption and Metallica's solo from One, I was perfectly comfortable singing and playing this four chord masterpiece. Nirvana did in the 90's for kids who wanted to start bands what Ramones did in the 70's.

5. Sex Pistols | Anarchy In The U.K.
When I was in the 8th grade, I got into Green Day's album Dookie. What 13-year old didn't? They were the gateway drug which led me down the Punk rabbit hole. But of course, it didn't take long to end up at Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols. Every song's a hit.



6. Deftones | Be Quiet And Drive (Far Away)
The closest I got to Heavy Metal. Incredible vocals over a wall of Distortion. Unfortunately, the recipe led to a less than stellar wave of Nu-Metal, but at least it's easy to understand why.

7. Jimmy Eat World | A Sunday
This was my summer after my Senior Year of High School. Just great Pop Rock songwriting. Emo? Nah...

8. David Bowie | Starman
I became borderline obsessed with David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust-era in my early 20's, so much so that I started a Glam Rock band. This one has remained with me.

9. T. Rex | Get In On
Retitled Bang A Gong (Get It On) to avoid confusion with a song of the same name by the group Chase... It's a short jump from Ziggy to Marc Bolan. I've been trying to emulate Bolan's everything since I first heard this tune. One of the best songs ever. It can come on whenever and I'm always in the mood.

10. Buddy Holly | Peggy Sue
And here we are, back to the beginning. Stripped down, simple, and great. One of the sickest voices in Rock 'N' Roll.