WARMER MIXTAPES #1634 | by Tom Higham and Ben Fletcher of Aquilo

SIDE A | by Ben Fletcher

1. Bloc Party | So Here We Are
I will always come back to Bloc Party. This song reminds me of when I first got an mp3 player as a kid and I only had a few tunes on there. This was one of them and, to be honest, it’s a nostalgic song anyway.

2. Manchester Orchestra | I Can Feel A Hot One
Probably the first band I had a true obsession with. I’ve never really figured out what this song's about, but I like that. Andy Hull, the front man, has this ability to lead you to believe you understand him and his reasons until the end of the song.

3. Broken Social Scene | Lover's Spit
This song and the album it comes from just straight up reminds me of my sister. She showed me them, so it’s quite a song for me.

4. Eels | I Need Some Sleep
Eels just writes some interesting songs. This one in particular, so simple, but I wish I’d written it.

5. Mount Kimbie | Carbonated
Circa 2012 I found myself at this festival called Beacons near Leeds with a few of my mates. I remember hearing this song when I was in a pretty bad state, it’s stuck with me since. These guys were actually a pretty big influence for me and Tom from the beginning. I know it’s hard to see, but it got us interested in Minimal Electronic elements.

6. Local Natives | Colombia 
I’m a fan of all of their albums, but this one in particular is a classic for me. Just a lovely song by a lovely band.

7. Billie Marten | Bird
Billie is pretty new and probably destined for big things. Her voice reminds me of what I felt when I first listened to Laura Marling. Sort of takes me back even though she’s so current.

8. Michelle Featherstone | Coffee And Cigarettes (from Music From The Television Series One Tree Hill Volume 2: Friends With Benefit)
As a kid I think I heard my sister watching One Tree Hill and this song was on there. It was in a really sad scene (blah blah), so it’s stuck with me. I gave up coffee and cigarettes, I hate to say it hasn’t helped me yet as an opening line is quite something.

9. Little Dragon | Twice
Just a class band. The production proper sticks out for me in this one. The Moog that just moves around in the background is so unique.

10. Jeff Buckley | Lover, You Should’ve Come Over
Jeff Buckley has always had a particular hold on me. Too young to hold on and too old to just break free and run has always stuck with me. So I’ll leave you with this one.


SIDE B | by Tom Higham

1. Pink Floyd | Wish You Were Here
My dad used to play this song to me. We actually did a cover of it because we love it so much.

2. Explosions In The Sky | Your Hand In Mine
These guys have always been a big influence for me. Stunning Soundscapes.

3. Sigur Rós | Untitled #3 (Samskeyti)
This album is probably their best in my opinion, this track feels like a real stand alone though.

4. Mogwai | Hungry Face (Les Revenants Original Soundtrack)
This song just proper takes me back to driving to School on the bus.

5. Hiatus Kaiyote | Fingerprints
A recent favourite of mine. The production and her voice are unreal.

6. M83 | Wait
It’s hard not to listen to this song without getting to the end.

7. Washed Out | Great Escape
I listened to this song a lot when we were on tour in America. It’s enough to take anyone away.

8. Lana Del Rey | West Coast
I remember hearing this song for the first time, and the chorus slightly throwing me. I’m pretty sure it’s produced by Dan Auerbach too. His sound is very unique.

9. Fink | Looking Too Closely 
Fink was a big inspiration for the two of us. This and Yesterday Was Hard On All Of Us are two brilliant songs of his.

10. Nick Mulvey | Fever To The Form
I went to go watch him with a friend somewhere in London and ever since have been hooked. This song much like the album just makes me want to make Music.