WARMER MIXTAPES #1672 | by Danny Owen (Miki Dollarude) of Baudelaire
 
Photo by Carl Battams
 
1. The Associates | Party Fears Two
I love absolutely everything about this song. Billy Mackenzie’s vocal delivery, his lyrics, The Music, it somehow both warms and breaks my heart
 
2. The Doors | When The Music’s Over
If I check the time and I have ten minutes spare I stick this song on. When The Music’s over, at least I know that’s ten minutes of my day I haven’t wasted.

3. Joy Division | Twenty Four Hours

Sheer Despair. The pain in this one really hits me. I feel like I’m in a bubble never to be burst. Even the instrumentals sound like a man backed into a corner and he’s screaming at the top of his lungs for anything, any other feeling, something new, something pure, something else. Something. Help.

4. The Smiths | Back To The Old House

I remember listening to The Smiths for the first time. It’s a memory that I’ll treasure forever, and I like to remind myself of it sometimes. It’s impossible for me to choose a favourite Smiths song, but the lyrics in this are probably some of my favourites: When you cycled by, here began all my dreams. Genius.

5. Nine Inch Nails | Ringfinger
Blame Alex and Carl for this one. Big up Carl Battams by the way, for the photo of me above, and all our photography. Their love for all things Trent Reznor has finally rubbed off on me and I can’t wait to see this tune played live in June. 6. Fontaines D.C. | I Don’t Belong 
Danny likes a modern song… Really? Surely not. It’s true, I do. I love this track. Fontaines are incredibly exciting, and I can’t wait to see them live again. Great band.

7. Manic Street Preachers | Yes
I could have picked any song from this album to be quite honest. The lyrics are brutal - and a bit explicit.  
 
8. Morrissey | Sunny
This song is oddly beautiful, given its dark subject matter. Morrissey has been and continues to be a huge influence on the way I approach singing and writing lyrics. Sunny for me is a perfect blend of Sadness, Poppy Melody, and that outro… Wow.
 
9. Depeche Mode | World In My Eyes
I’m a sucker for dirty intros and this is the king in my eyes. When the drums kick in; beautiful.

10. Black Sabbath | War Pigs

Probably my favourite guitar solo of all time. Sabbath are local legends in the West Midlands, so I thought I’d honour them in my list.