WARMER MIXTAPES #156 | by Dimitris Poka [Poka] and Spyros P. [Fairlight] of Stellastarz

SIDE A | by Dimitris Poka

The first seven are more contemporary tracks and the rest shows my love for music of the past decades and it's what I've been hearing most lately.
So the list goes like this...

1. Daft Punk | Da Funk
The song that I heard when I was 10 years old and made me love House music and Daft Punk since then. The music video is probably my favourite ever. After so many years this song still sounds so fresh.

2. Phoenix | Lisztomania (Yuksek Remix)
This song is really addictive I used to play it on a daily basis when it first came out.

3. Chilly Gonzales | Too Long (Daft Punk Cover)
I recently discovered 'Gonzales and I was amazed by this cover of Daft Punk. One of my favourites songs at the moment and a very unique artist.

4. Simian Mobile Disco | Cruel Intentions (feat. Beth Ditto)
Possibly my favourite song from last summer it makes wanna go to the beach everytime I hear it. Reminds me of summer vacations.

5. Danger | 11H30
The first song I heard from Danger, totally unique sounds, he created new ways in music production; I think this song gave a whole new direction to electronic music in general.

6. Ali Love | Diminishing Returns
There’s something so 80s about this song that makes it so nostalgic.

7. The xx | Islands
The chorus of this song was stuck in my head for a month. Their whole album is great too.

8. Diana Ross | I'm Coming Out
...And Diana Ross - Have Fun...Both these songs from Diana Ross have an amazing vibe and they make me smile everytime I hear them.

9. The Brothers Johnson | I Want You
So melodic and soulful, my favourite song from The Brothers Johnson, recently found it on vinyl on a trip to New York.

10. Sister Sledge | Thinking Of You
One of the most feel good vibe songs ever made the bassline has an amazing groove to it.

+11. Oddysey | Our Lives Are Shaped By What We Love
Again there’s something magical in the intro of the song, really soulful and warm from a great band.


SIDE B | by Spyros P.

For me a top 10 list of songs always changes depending on the mood I'm in...
However, there is a top 10 that is always on my mind.

1. Chaka Kan | Fate (Dub Mix 2008)
I love Music Sounds Better With You by Stardust but I think that this version is more sensational...Expresses more the emotion you get from the original song...The voices...

2. Armand Van Helden | You Don't Know Me
Well this is one of the songs that I hear since high school, back to the days of pure house hits. Always on my player everywhere I go.

3. Daft Punk | Superheroes
Even though I love almost every song of Daft Punk this one influenced me the most. Barry Manilow just cant stop singing in the air with beats that take you out of space.

4. Paul Engemann | Push It To The Limit
This one is a classic 80's dance hit, the soundtrack of Scarface. I've seen this movie 5 times but I listen to this song everyday!

5. Lifelike & Kris Menace | Discopolis
Words cannot describe this dancefloor monster, one of the most beautiful samples in French house music not to mention the atmosphere and the videoclip that follows the song...

6. Dj Deeon | 2 B Free (Dancemania)
I am for sure an old school house music lover and when I've heard this song on a Le Knight Club mixtape I couldn't stop dancing...

7. Cosmos | Take Me With You
A classic one, I tend to love it and then forget it for a while. French house is not dead, it takes you with it...

8. Röyksopp | Beautiful Day Without You
A song that I've added recently on my everyday playlist. Röyksopp always are a step ahead...

9. Sébastien Tellier | Roche
Take your car and drive in the sunset with that song on your player...Inspiring, relaxing.

10. Ian Pooley | What's Your Number
For me one of the best songs of Ian Pooley. It has a cool summer feeling, reminds me of holidays...