WARMER MIXTAPES #864 | by Farah G. [Nefera]

1. Michael Jackson | Bad
Can anyone really pick just ONE favourite song of Michael’s? It’s a practically impossible task for me but Bad does have it all: the attitude, the melody, the beat, the epic chorus, great chord progression, amazing Music Video AND Michael Jackson!

2. Usher | Yeah (feat. Lil' Jon & Ludacris)
Best Club track ever! The synth and baseline always get me, and Ludacris’ verse just makes it a wrap.

3. Jay-Z & Kanye West | Ni**as In Paris
That shit cray...

4. Destiny’s Child | Say My Name
Epic song for any R&B fan! I think every girl was singing this track in front of their mirror pretending to be Beyoncé. I know I was...

5. Musiq Soulchild | Previouscats
I really look up to Musiq Soulchild as a singer. His vocals are always on point with some of the best riffs in Neo Soul! Not to forge this heart melting tone and lyrics that almost anyone can relate to which this song showcases so well.

6. Nas | Nas Is Like
I’m a huge Nas fan. Love his tone, love his lyrics. For me the beat of this track is a classic in Hip Hop. There’s something very real about it and I just never get tired of it.

7. Frank Ocean | Pink Matter (feat. André 3000)
This track gives me chills every time I hear it. The strings, that crescendo throughout the whole song, the melody, the vibe, his voice... Everything. It moved me the first time I heard it and still does to this day. Favourite Slow song of mine this year, hands down.

8. Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott | All N My Grill (feat. Nicole Wray & Big Boi) (Edit)
Missy definitely had an impact on my Musicality. I used to listen to her 24/7 and this track especially.

9. Kendrick Lamar | Swimming Pools (Drank)
good kid, m.A.A.d city has been my favourite album this year. It made me believe that there was still a very big and relevant place available for real Hip-Hop/Rap in today’s Music world. I like nearly every single track on there and as each song is a step further in the story Kendrick is telling it’s hard to single out one song only, but Swimming Pools is the one I have the softest spot for.

10. Mavado | Star Bwoy
I like my Dancehall a lot! I love dancing so I guess that explains it. This song gets me up and going each time and when I’m in a club that’s all I really want to be doing.