WARMER MIXTAPES #990 | by Scott R. White [endote] of Awoken and Winter In June

1. Björk | Jóga 
This song will always be my favourite. I Loved it before I even knew who it was. In fact, I remember buying the Homogenic album, not even knowing the name of the song, but hoping I'd got the right one based on the Lyrics. I'd looked at the Track-Listing and thought that the track Alarm Call was it. Everything about it is just Perfect.

2. The Doors | Wishful Sinful
This is such an incredible song and terribly underrated. In fact, I've never met anyone that Loves it as much as I. Therefore, in my quest to find my Wishful Sinful Soul-Mate, I am sharing this with you...

3. Nirvana | Sappy
From the age of nine to around fourteen, there was no band I listened to more than Nirvana. Kurt Cobain's Attitude, Playing Style and Opinions changed my Life both Musically and otherwise beyond return. This song is my favourite song of theirs.

4. Sergei Vasilievich Rachmaninoff | Piano Concerto No. 1 in F-Sharp Minor, Op. 1; 1st Movement: I. Vivace (Performed by Moscow RTV Symphony Orchestra, Conductor: Klaus-Peter Hahn)
When I explain that Classical Music can be heavier, way fucking heavier than Metal Music... This is what I mean. Nothing, NOTHING is Heavier than this piece of Music. The entire back catalogue of Relapse Records? Lightweight compared to this guy.

5. E.S.T.  | Behind The Yashmak
Being one of my favourite Artists, I spent so long deciding on my favourite track of Esbjörn Svensson Trio I drew up a list of around ten tracks that could easily have made this list (a Theme for my next top 10?, haha)... Finally I committed to this one. It's hard to pick a real reason why, but this piece just fills me with Emotion.

6. Decapitated | Day 69
Along with Esbjörn Svensson, Vitek, the Drummer of Decapitated is another Musician that I feel I miss as thought they were a close friend. When someone so talented is taken from us, it's so so sad and Vitek was incredibly young too. I can't even begin to imagine what he would have accomplished had he not left so soon. This track exemplifies his skills and Originality.

7. Soutaiseiriron + Shibuya Keiichiro | BLUE
The first time I heard this song, I plunged into a Depression, because I felt that no matter how hard I tried, I would never write something so perfectly Fragile and Lovely. Soutaiseiriron's Vocalist, Etsko Yakushima's Voice in this song is so delicate that the Words seem almost breathed than sung.

8. A Winged Victory For The Sullen | A Symphony Pathetique
My final selection is a piece written by one half of Stars Of The Lid, Adam Wiltzie, and Dustin O'Halloran. This is seriously one of the Most Beautiful Pieces I've Ever Heard In My Life. I can't explain it in much more than Deep Breathes and Sighs, because Words fail me. If you listen to any one piece on this list, make it this.

9. Clammbon | Charm Point
Clammbon are my Favourite Band in the World. I don't have a favourite song, I don't have a favourite album and of the Trio, I don't even have a favourite member. From the moment I first heard them I was hooked and over the years the addiction has continually deepened. I listen to them every week and most days of the week, sometimes going for days on end where I listen to nothing else. I picked this song just because I thought of it right now and the Lyrics are Lovely. Come the end of writing this article and it would be another track, likewise tomorrow and the next day and the next... I really hope you enjoy this.

10. Nine Inch Nails | The Becoming
Trent Reznor is such an Influential, or rather Inspirational Character in my Life Musically. Not that I can say we bare any likeness in what we do, but from his Writing I learnt to just do what I want. NIN are often labelled as Industrial Music, but I think that sells him short by so much. This track I have chosen is again one of many I could have selected, but if only for the gorgeous Instrumentation at the end of this song, it had to go in. The Production is Flawless.