WARMER MIXTAPES #1661 | by Olof Cornéer [Night Gestalt/Dibaba] of Dada Life

1. The Black Dog | Chesh
The most important song ever for Night Gestalt. I remember being a kid in the 90's and listening to this in my bed in my dark room. When I started Night Gestalt it was that feeling I was trying to get back to: myself as a teenager listening to The Black Dog.

2. Aphex Twin | Alberto Balsalm
I could pick almost any Aphex Twin song from this era, but right now I wanted to pick this! Just a classic.

3. Ian William Craig | Discovered In Flat
New Ambient this time, but an instant classic. The whole album is just amazing.

4. Tim Hecker | Song Of The Highwire Shrimper
Another classic Ambient piece. I remember listening to this over and over again when it was released and I was travelling around South East Asia. Now when I hear it I can still see the lights from The Sun dance in the waves.

5. John Cage | In A Landscape (Performed by Stephen Drury)
Enough with Electronic stuff! This is a piano piece by John Cage and it has been very important for me when I write my Classical Music - in all it's simplicity. It's transparent.

6. Mr. Fingers | Can You Feel It
The best Techno song ever made. And probably the most influential too. Every time I listen to it my mind is blown how simple, but effective it is. And beautiful like shining steel.

7. Tim Buckley | Song To The Siren
I love 60's Music, so I had to include something at least. Tim Buckley's voice is like sent from beyond Reality, and this is one of his most beautiful songs.

8. Arvo Pärt | The Beatitudes (Performed by Elora Festival Singers and Orchestra; Conductor: Noel Edison)
I listen almost only to Classical Music right now - and have been for a few years - and this one is a piece I always keep coming back to.

9. Milton Nascimento & Lô Borges | Tudo Que Você Podia Ser
I'm crazy about Brazilian Tropicália Music and this song is probably my all time favorite. This is what I'm listening to when I'm driving.

10. Fela Ransome Kuti & Africa 70 ‎ | Expensive Shit
I could have picked any song from Fela Kuti - everything he did was amazing. For years I listened almost only to Fela Kuti and similar Nigerian and West African Music from that time, trying to understand why it was so Funky. I don't think I ever understood to be honest. It's like Magic, like all Good Music is. You just can't understand with your rational mind, you just have to listen and be swept away.