WARMER MIXTAPES #65 | by Petter Gjöres and Johan Norberg of Kuryakin

SIDE A | by Johan Norberg

1. Paul Williams | Time
When the winter is dark and rainy and the world outside looks like Mordor, I usually listen to the Someday Man album by Paul Williams and Roger Nichols and forget about it for a few minutes.

2. Trash Can Sinatras | Obscurity Knocks
I usually like the bands of the late 80s, early 90s that was influenced by The Smiths more than I like The Smiths.

3. SWV | Right Here
I could have chosen Human Nature by Michael Jackson but sometimes I think that this one is even better. When I listen to this song I remember the last days of this summer when me and my friend Björn went to abandoned beaches in a rowboat, threw freesbee and listened to this song.

4. Tammy St. John | Dark Shadows And Empty Hallways
I think I found this song on a complication made by Bob Stanley. I don't know anything about the artist but it's one of the saddest songs I've ever heard. When I was like 20 years old and hated my life I used to listen to it, smoke cigarettes and feel sorry for myself several times a day.

5. Westlife | Fool Again
At first I hated boybands like all the other 11-13 year old boys in my school did. Then I started listening to them in a somewhat ironic matter, but soon found out that I loved many of the songs for real. My love for boybands is stronger than ever 10 years later!

6. Martika | Love...Thy Will Be Done
Martika was very cool and this song is amazing. I wish every music video was like the video to this one, in black and white and with crosses and stuff.

7. Texas Is The Reason | Back And To The Left
I've listened a lot to punk and hardcore when I grew up. I bought a Revelation Records complication in the local recordstore one day. It was cool and had a skateboarder on the outside and I was a wannabe skateboarder who had bought a skateboard but never learned any tricks, so it was perfect for me. It wasn't that good except for a few songs like this one. I got absolutely obsessed by it. I remember that I worked in a food store and locked myself in the bathroom and listened to this in my walkman on the lunchbreaks all the time.

8. J. Holiday | Be With Me
I've listened to this all the time when I lived in Stockholm and worked in elder care. I became friends with a funny finnish doctor, a 80 year old comics fan, and the weather was fantastic all the time. This song made me feel almost the same way that I've felt when I was 14 years old and listened to Texas Is The Reason.

9. O Terço | Criaturas Da Noite
Brazilian pop from the 60s and 70s are often incredible and this is one of the most beautiful songs I've heard from that era, and also one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

10. The Montgolfier Brothers | Journey's End
When Dumbledore died in one of the Harry Potter books I got a bit emotional and went out for a walk listening to this song. It was a great moment. (My life isn't that exciting...)

+11. America | Ventura Highway
I think I'll have to have this one on the list as well.

+12. Prefab Sprout | Bonny
...And this one too. Now it's done.


SIDE B | by Petter Gjöres

1. Prefab Sprout | The King Of Rock 'N' Roll
2. Ray Wonder | Superwonder
3. Paus | Chock
4. Radiohead | Fake Plastic Trees
5. Nick Drake | River Man
6. Red House Painters | Uncle Joe
7. The Beach Boys | God Only Knows
8. John Barry | Midnight Cowboy
9. Belle & Sebastian | It Could Have Been A Brilliant Career
10. Bob Hund | Jag Rear Ut Min Själ
+11. Dinosaur Jr. | Freak Scene