WARMER MIXTAPES #464 | by Joe Seaton [Call Super]

1. Boubacar Traoré | Dundobesse M'Bedouniato
People sometimes use the adjective vibes to describe music they are liking. Often I wasn't sure exactly what they meant as it seemed very vague. Then I heard this and I understood in very simple terms. A track for the eyes closed and for the eyes open. It makes everything more beautiful, even the dancefloor.

2. Gescom | Keynell A (Autechre Remix)
Melody and grit of the most sublime sort. A record that seems to encapsulate all that I feel for Boards Of Canada, Aphex Twin, Autechre and all those other UK Electronic musicians who have never dumbed any of their ideas down and hopefully never will.

3. Afrikan Sciences | Two As 36
I would happily pick any track of his album. This one is one my favourites. I came to this record this summer and have just been so happy to hear something so wonderfully all of the place and yet so coherent.

4. Cybotron | Clear
If I hear a record I don't like, or makes me depressed about music, I often put this on afterwards.

5. Julia Holter | Try To Make Yourself A Work Of Art
A record that is in thrall to sound and dynamics in the way the very best Techno is. Another musician who I find very inspiring this year. I get the impression she is a very curious person, and that is the best thing anyone can be.

6. Penguin Cafe | Finland
I grew up a few doors down from some dear friends who were ceramicists. My mum painted for them and I used to play around their studio. I have very fond memories of it, and of them, and this is a record that they used to play. I never knew what it was until a few years ago when I heard it and had such strong memories of those times I was overwhelmed. Now I listen to it a great deal and am happily transported back to Carlo and Eddie's.

7. Rachel's | Handwriting
The last track on an album given to me by my old flatmate Max Bondi, founder of the excellent Tartaruga Records. This is where I should not try to put into words what this makes me feel as the task is a little beyond me.

8. Marcellus Pittman | The Mad Underdog
Really Bloody Good House Music.

9. Shina Williams & His African Percussionists | Agboju Logun
I have played this in probably more than fifty percent of my DJ sets. Up until a couple of years ago I refused to tell people what it was. Now I do.

10. Choice | Acid Eiffel
A record that has soundtracked my conscience for almost half my life. Sometimes I forget what is going on in there so I have to check, and I realize this is still playing.