WARMER MIXTAPES #533 | by Andrew Hamlet (ArnHao) and Mat Jones (It is rain in my face.) of Pressed And

Photo by Victoria Masters.

SIDE A | by Mat Jones

1. Panda Bear | Untitled #2
Pretty much any song from Young Prayer could be my favorite of all time. It's some of the most soulful, creative music I've ever heard. It contains deep sadness yet an amazing sense of hopefulness.

2. Big Country | In A Big Country
This song makes me feel like a sad little Irish boy standing on a hillside and understanding the importance of Life for the first time.

3. The Band | Tears Of Rage
Richard Manuel's voice on this song is so genuine and emotive... And you cannot beat that sound Robbie Robertson manages to crank out of his guitar. And oh yeah, Levon Helm is one of the best fucking drummers of all time.

4. Iron & Wine | Weary Memory
This song explains Love.

5. Van Morrison | Sweet Thing
I shall drive my chariot down your streets and cry: 'Hey! It's me! I'm dynamite and I don't know why!'... This shit will wake up your soul.

6. múm | K/Half Noise
Me and John riding our bikes on the rich folks' golf course at night.

7. The National | Mistaken For Strangers
If Life was in black and white, this is what it would feel like. Walking in the rain.

8. Sufjan Stevens | The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us!
Beauty lives in the most fragile and makes them strong.

9. Sufjan Stevens | Innocent Heathen
This song is like a group of Post-Modern monk-punks bitching about how isolated they feel from the rest of the World and then realizing that everybody feels that way sometimes.

10. Bob Dylan | Shelter From The Storm
Bob Dylan is very important. This song makes me feel how I want to feel.


SIDE B | by Andrew Hamlet

1. Outkast | Rosa Parks
Gotta keep it innovative and new [...] Creative. People don't want to hear the same ole thing over and over again [...] You gotta come provocative [...] Gotta be spine-tingling with mad styles and crazy, dangerous bust-your-shit-open beats.

2. The S.O.S. Band | Take Your Time (Do It Right)
Escapist. Celebratory.

3. Jefferson Airplane | Somebody To Love
Colorful. Raw. Lonely.

4. Fleetwood Mac | Gypsy
A twenty-something anthem.

5. Bob Dylan | Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
Passive Detachment. Ease of Acceptance.

6. Jay-Z | U Don't Know
For the Lone Ranger in us all.

7. Wes Montgomery | Impressions (John Coltrane Cover)
Freedom. Confidently Ephemeral.

8. The Manhattans | Kiss And Say Goodbye
This has got to be the saddest day of my life. I called you here today for a bit of bad news. I won't be able to see you anymore, because of my obligations, and the ties that you have. We've been meeting here everyday, and since this is our last day together, I wanna hold you just one more time. When you turn and walk away, don't look back. I wanna remember you just like this. Let's just kiss and say goodbye.

9. Rihanna | Only Girl
Sexy. Complete.

10. Sun Ra | Sun Song
Primal. Mythic.