WARMER MIXTAPES #649 | by Zackaria Ibrahim Sadeq [Deep Theory]

1. Steve Bug & Mr. V | The Long Run (Steve Bug's Vocal Mix)
I'm in this for the long run.
I'm not in it to be just the next big thing, or what's in right now...

...I want to be what's in forever.

I'm in it for the long run.
I'm not looking for fame.
I ain't looking for big fortune.
I'm looking for stability.
I'm looking for decades, centuries --- a milestone…

...I'm looking to plant my name in this genre of Music, right here.
I'm looking to be solidified as one of the best.
One that was different. One that was groundbreaking.

2. Laila Nur | Cheesecake And Butterflies
Hearing Laila Nur sing is something you will never forget. Especially if you biked five miles to The Blue Door for her show. This particular track still gives me goosebumps.

3. Fela Ransome Kuti & Africa 70 | Water No Get Enemy
Sampled by Pete Rock for INI's Grown Man Sport. Always liked the original, too.

4. Redman | Whateva Man
This track embodied my whole mind frame as young kid growing up. Erick Sermon is and will always be one of my favorite producers.

5. GZA | Fame
Wu-Tang Clan. What more needs to be said? Shout out to Prez, Alvin Shavers, and my Psyoptic Records family!

6. SBTRKT | Right Thing To Do (feat. Jessie Ware)
The first track I ever heard with Jessie Ware. In fact I was oblivious this was her at first. But she's great and all of her tracks are amazing.

7. Disclosure | Boiling (feat. Sinead Harnett)
Every now and again you hear a song that really pulls you in a certain direction. This is one of those, a Dance floor killer, and it's great in the mix. Vocals are perfect!

8. Kerri Chandler | Welcome To King Street
House is…The unlimited creation of the one who watches over us all. We will have changes, because House is your getaway.

9. Erykah Badu | Didn't Cha Know
Produced by the late J Dilla. The track itself is actually a remake of an old Soul track from the 70's. The lyrics are bound to relate to you somehow.

10. Gorillaz | Dare (Soulwax Remix)
If I had to do a list of only remixes, this might be on top. The original was a little too bright, and I love how Soulwax used the relative minor key to make a completely new track.

+11. Stardust | Music Sounds Better With You (Bob Sinclar Remix)
What is Music but a collective listening? Timeless track that is very much French Touch. So good.

+12. Thievery Corporation | Amerimacka (feat. Notch)
It perfectly describes what it's like living in the USA. Very chill, top notch album. Our consciousness in captivity.

+13. Chippy Nonstop | Money Dance (SoundGrave x LBB Remix)
This track is the catchiest thing that has happened to me. Ever.

+14. Outkast | Liberation
It would be easy to name 10 Outkast songs for this list. But this is inspiring stuff right here. Powerful Cee-Lo.



+15. Bizzi | Bizzi's Party (Booker T Vocal Lick)
There is this seriously raw sound in this mix. Some kind of Tape Saturation. Epitomizes the sound of a feel good 90's House party.

+16. R.I.P Productions | The Players
Such a great song. It really could be viewed as the quintessential Garage/House track.

+17. Deflon | Vitamelon
Fantastic track by super talented producer Deflon. He's a pioneer of what kids these days are calling Left-Field Hip-Hop. If you listen to one track on my list, let it be this one.

+18. Pink Floyd | Dogs
Not only does it contain one of the best guitar solos of all time, the tempo changes and arrangements have always blown my mind. Plus they give such good advice.

+19. Rim Banna & Annisette | Nami Ya La'Aubi (Sleep My Doll)
Traditional Palestinian lullaby. Puts me to sleep like warm milk and shimmering lights.

+20. James Brown | Doing It To Death
Excellent track to end this list with. Hope you have a Funky good time with these songs.