WARMER MIXTAPES #1008 | by William K. [Zoo Brother]

1. Heavenly Beat | Tradition
Ahmad and Akeem both introduced me to Heavenly Beat and I have thanked them ever since. This song is notable because myself and the guys have had more Midnight Drives to this song then anything else. Something about this song reminds me of Summer Nights and having the windows down. Not to mention Heavenly Beat's whole Talent record is straight up beautiful. Totally a favorite.

2. Toro Y Moi | Blessa
The first track off of one of my favorite records Causers Of This by Toro Y Moi. This song really stands out to me just a Symbol of Growing Up or something. A lot of my best friends and I would listen to this album all year round on Repeat for Forever. Everything on Causers Of This Sounds so Underwater and Murky, but for whatever reason Blessa Sounds like the Sunset on Land before you plunge into the rest of record. Always thought that was really beautiful.

3. Gorillaz | Feel Good Inc. (feat. De La Soul)
This is such a special song to me. It’s just crazy, like half Hip Hop, half Pop, half Rock... It’s really cool. Gorillaz are just so Diverse and this is the first song I ever heard from them so I owe it to a Now That's What I Call Music Commercial for making me hunt this song down on the Internet back in the day.

4. Atlas Sound | Walkabout (feat. Noah Lennox)
When I first heard this song I was just starting to get into both Deerhunter and Panda Bear so when I saw Bradford and Noah came together on this song it was pretty Magical. This song makes me Nostalgic for stuff that never even happened. I always thought the best part of this song was just how full it Sounds, the Dovers Sample layered with those Glitchy Drums and the chanting Vocals, it’s awesome.

5. The Blood Brothers | Giant Swan
One of my Favorite Bands of All Time. I got into The Blood Brothers when I was really young and they kind of just captivated me or something with how Loud they were. Giant Swan is the last track on their last record they made Young Machetes and the change up between the first half of the song to the second is like Sensory Overload.

6. Washed Out | Feel It All Around
This song just makes me want to spill my guts out. The whole thing is like this Thick, Hazy, Creamy Mix of Reverb and that Gary Low Sample. I think I accidentally downloaded this off of an Urban Outfitters Mixtape when they were still doing that whole thing and it was the best accident of my Life. The whole thing is such a Sensation to listen to, no doubt one of my favorite songs. Reminds me of being up in Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin on Lake Michigan for the weekends.

7. TV Girl | If You Want It
When I first listened to this song I was on the Chicago Metra with Michael who insisted I had to listen to it because his friend Loved it. This was the first time I ever heard of TV Girl so instantly when that Todd Rundgren Sample came crashing together with that looped Hip Hop Break I was in Love. This song to me has picked me up through some rough times, I’ve fallen into crushes with girls to this song, I’ve partied with this song. Overall good Overdramatic Teenage Memories that I’ll never really forget.

8. Neon Indian | Terminally Chill
I was still in early High School when the whole Chillwave trend thing happened on the Internet. I remember first getting shown Psychic Chasms by Neon Indian on my friend Erik’s iPod in the Dead of Night by my local Shopping Mall over the Summer. It was just one of those records I remember falling in Love with because the whole thing Sounds like gushing Retro Plasma or something. Terminally Chill was always my favorite with it’s peaking overly compressed Guitars and trippy LFO Filters. Again, I just remember listening to it and having good memories with good people.

9. Daft Punk | One More Time
Such a Classic. This song is just kind of bigger then Life to me. Every time I hear it I can’t help just falling in Love with it over and over and over and over. It’s Forever one of those songs that will continue to pass the test of Time. They really did something Magical with the whole Discovery record in general, but One More Time is heart melting.

10. Wild Nothing | A Dancing Shell
This is the song that cemented our Friendship as Band Members. Late Night Drives from to & from Chicago, Heavy Summer Weather, ridiculous Apartment Parties. This song just carries so much Nostalgia for us as Friends and People.