WARMER MIXTAPES #1255 | by Jamie Davies and Rachel Wilkinson of Ivy & Gold

SIDE A | by Rachel Wilkinson

1. Led Zeppelin | Since I’ve Been Loving You
Led Zeppelin were drummed into me at a young age, and this one always reminds me of my mum and dad, and lazy Sundays listening to their records. And the guitar riff is definitely one of my all time favourites.

2. Little Dragon | Twice
This song was playing as I started my first ever shift at a nightclub. I remember standing there waiting for people to arrive and being really nervous, but then this song came on and distracted me. It's so subtle, it's a great track to chill out to.

3. Florence + The Machine | Drumming Song
I love the layout of the song. The lyrics are really punchy and memorable, but most of all I love the drums, and the layering of the vocals. It also came out at a really confusing time in my life, so I would just listen to it over and over again as a distraction.

4. Jeff Buckley | Dream Brother
Jeff Buckley is probably my favourite ever male singer. My dad always had Jeff Buckley on in the car, and I’d try my hardest to sing along. His lyrics are so emotive and dark, which I love, as well as his raw, amazing vocal. It makes me feel very nostalgic.

5. Tori Amos | Winter
Tori Amos is amazing. I love this song because my favourite ever live video is of her performing this in Montreal. She gets so into the performance, that you really believe every word she sings. Lyrically, this song is great.


6. Fleetwood Mac | Rhiannon (Live At The Midnight Special, 1976)
This has always been mine and my sisters favourite song of all time. It's really hard to pick a favourite Fleetwood Mac song, because they are all amazing. Stevie’s voice is one of my favourites. I say Live, as I love the structure of the live version of this song. I just always think of me and my sister singing it at the top of our lungs and trying to stay in time.

7. Incubus | Sick Sad Little World
This was the first song I ever learnt on the guitar. And it's from my favourite album of Incubus' A Crow Left Of The Murder. The guitar riff is SO good, and Brandon's voice is always on point.

8. Coldplay | Don’t Panic
It’s hard to pick a favourite Coldplay song, because Coldplay has literally been the soundtrack to my life since I was about 7 years old. But this one reminds me of holidaying in France, and the long journey from London to Bergerac in the car. The lyrics are great, and even though the song is quite short, it's super catchy.

9. Alexisonfire | This Could Be Anywhere In The World
When I was about 16 I went through a massive Rock Music obsession, with Alexisonfire and Underoath being my bands of choice. This one is an absolute smasher, and SO fun to sing along to.

10. Little Red Lung | Fangs 
This song has everything I love. Layered vocals with amazing harmonies, clear guitar, strings, and dark, intriguing lyrics. I like blasting it out really loud and getting lost in it. You shouldn’t be wild inside if you’re a beast in the headlights... Such a great lyric.


SIDE B | by Jamie Davies

1. Rihanna | Diamonds
Because it sounds pristine. I use it as a mix reference, as it's so well recorded, mixed and mastered. It's also a great Pop song, and it sounds very Sia, as she wrote it.

2. Underoath | In Regards To Myself 
They were one of my favourite bands from when I was younger, the song is relentless, heavy and is great for a workout playlist or if you just want to vent some anger.

3. Incubus | The Warmth 
One of the best bands from my teens and still amazing today. Brilliant live show, and there's not one Incubus album I don't like. Picking a specific track was hard, but this is one that made the cut - any song with whale samples in it gets my vote.

4. Foxes | Let Go For Tonight
Love the production of this track, it's got Electronic elements whilst still maintaining and enhancing the soul of the track. An all 'round smashing Pop song!

5. Florence + The Machine | Shake It Out 
Florence Welch has got one of the best vocals around at the moment. As soon as you hear a Florence track you know it instantly. Lyrically she's great and it was produced at the legendary Abbey Road Studios, so it sounds great too!



6. Foals | Cassius
Again another great band from my teens and my time as a greebo in a Rock band. A great song, but it sticks out because me and my old band partied the night away to Foals' album Antedotes in a German club we had just played in. We were late on stage because our singer had been arrested and spent all day in a German Police interview room when we had just visited Amsterdam... You can draw your own conclusions for why...

7. Lana Del Rey vs Cedric Gervais | Summertime Sadness (Remix)
Awesome song from Lana - shaken up and turned into a great club mix. Stick it on at a party or before you go out and it's guaranteed to get you in the mood.

8. Ellie Goulding | Dead In The Water 
Ellie is from the same town as me, so thought I'd represent the Hereford massive. It's emotive and catchy.

9. Five | Keep On Movin'
Huge guilty pleasure. So so catchy, and a massive hit back in the day when I was a wee nipper. Not sorry at all.

10. Neil Young | Rockin' In The Free World 
My dad is a huge Neil Young fan. I like him 'coz he hasn't got the best voice but he writes amazing songs. His performance of this at Glastonbury was awesome and got the crowd going crazy.